• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks Repp and Spiff for the compliments!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a long day on my feet at work, the 975's still feel as great as I think they look...
Classic look rtp. They look fresh out of the box.
Cigar Gunboats.
Great day for cigars argentino.
wow, great pics all around today ! Seems it was Cigar day. Glad I got the memo! lots of olive coming through today
Great day for cigars sazon. I love the green tones.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like a shell day, but I thought I'd show my natty CXLs, which I actually wore yesterday:

Haven't worn these a whole lot this Summer, but they're quite comfortable.
Nice PTBs, CEE. I was going to get them until I saw the brown CXL.

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice case for the dark edge trim

+100. I am a huge fan of the antique edge trim but these shoes are making me rethink my loyalties. RTP's got a definite winner with this combo.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Cigar day! Do friends feel that the D width of the Aberdeen looks fine visually or do you feel I need to go E width? Just visually!
Rishi, if they are 8.5D, they look terrible and you should sell them to me immediately.

If they are not 8.5D, then they look great! No reason to change size that I can see. They are beauties!

Last edited:

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is the rest of the outfit with these? I have been close to pulling the trigger a few times but always worry they would look out of place (too formal) with a casual outfit of jeans and a button down.

REguy

Reaction score
Is it just me, or is anyone else who has them bothered by how the quarters on the whiskey shortwings come together? I've tried a couple pairs of these over the years and always thought it odd how sloppy the closure was. The leather sort of bubbles and buckles, especially toward the vamp. My other pairs of Tremont lasted shoes don't do this.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar day! Do friends feel that the D width of the Aberdeen looks fine visually or do you feel I need to go E width? Just visually!
Nice cigars RK. If your shoes didn't fit you probably couldn't have bent over and taken such great pics this morning. They look fine to me sir. Here's a suggestion from another shell afficianado, "sometimes you've got to chop off a toe" to get that perfect fit. Lol.

zbix

Reaction score

Is it just me, or is anyone else who has them bothered by how the quarters on the whiskey shortwings come together? I've tried a couple pairs of these over the years and always thought it odd how sloppy the closure was. The leather sort of bubbles and buckles, especially toward the vamp. My other pairs of Tremont lasted shoes don't do this.

Do you a picture of what you mean? At first I thought you might be talking about the alignment of the uppers near the throat when laced. I was just noticing on my 974s, more than other oxfords, that the two sides never sit evenly on the left shoe. I think it's probably more to do w/ foot shape and wear than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads