• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootSpell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nephew,
good looking boot wardrobe, enjoy wearing

Thanks, uncle. Wonder how big a wall your shoe/boot rack would require???

Nice.
nod[1].gif

Thanks, sftg.
Nice collection and solution. Leads me to a question. I'm looking at a smaller cedar rack and the best place for it (functionally and aesthetically) is in front of a heat vent. If I shut the vent, would the location damage my shell's?

I can't believe I'm running out of room for my shoes. I've been saying for a couple of years that no man should own as many shoes as I have. Then, I found this site..........

My mother-in-law hated the HVAC vent in her room blowing on her head while she was in bed so she shut the vent. But that didn't prevent some air from escaping out. So she taped some cardboard over the vent. That solved her problem. But it looked plain ugly.

I wouldn't want a vent blowing any heat on my footwear. If it's not blowing directly on the shoes, I wouldn't worry too much.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

After a long day on my feet at work, the 975's still feel as great as I think they look...
Wow,that is an incredible shine on an amazing shoe. Nicely done RTP, nicely done.

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Cigar Gunboats.

mtc2000

Reaction score

nephew,
on my blog I say no wax until a minimum of 20 wearing. the blog is missing that the ultimate goal is to never use polish. I am responsible for this omission.

I could be wrong, but I have found the glazing Alden use to finish off most of their Cordovan shoes makes wax polish unnecessary. Eventually, the glazing will wear off. That's the time when a little (reads very little) paste wax would be useful.

Interestingly, this glazing finish is pretty unique to Alden, especially the recent productions. I have yet to see that glazing on other Cordovan shoes.

Good or bad, I have found Vass uses excessive amount of paste wax to finish off their Cordovan shoes.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, great pics all around today ! Seems it was Cigar day. Glad I got the memo!

lots of olive coming through today

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wow, great pics all around today ! Seems it was Cigar day. Glad I got the memo!

lots of olive coming through today

On point as always Sazon. Those shoes have an amazing patina. Wear on the best of health.

CEE88

Reaction score

Sorry for posting the incorrect style number. I meant to post 9015. Could be Dyslexia or early Alzheimer's.
... Or could it simply be a case of a closet overflowing with Aldens? I grew up with four sisters and I mixed up their names all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads