• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I love the color 8 shell and agree - but, just to be clear, I was suggesting the burgundy, not the ruby. Color 8 is a deeper/richer tone - they certainly aren't the same.
Ah, gotcha... I didn't realize Carmina has a burgundy shell. I will have to explore some internet pics.

MrEsco

Reaction score
Well I just purchased a pair of Black shell cordovan Indy boots form Zr0e in the classifieds.
this will be my 4th pair of Alden shoes but the first in cordovan. I am very excited to get a black
pair of Indy's for those outfits my natural CXL just don't fit with.

but now I gotta find a good deer bone...
the one I bought direct from the UK has splinters on the end where it was cut off
(discovered this by clawing up my black calf NST Blucher's)
baldy[1].gif

CEE88

Reaction score

I saw the Carmina's and thought about it, I'll be in a charcoal MTO suit though and I feel like the shade of those Carmina's is just too red or light ... not enough eggplant as a true #8 would be.

I may end up going with the Black Naval Boot from Leffot, but we will see.  Again, thanks so much for everyone's help and speedy replies!

Can't think of a more appropriate occasion for black shell than a wedding. Especially your own.

Just a suggestion: Depending on what festivities you have planned for your wedding & reception (Bunny hop, electric slide - whatever), keep in mind the Naval Boot has a double oak soul and it -- and likely any other boot you choose -- will need time to break a bit before the big day (Not trying to dissuade you - I have the Naval boot and love it).

Good luck whatever you choose!

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RTP: My only missing piece to the LWB shell rainbow.

Perhaps you can take solace in the fact that, while I have the shell rainbow in LWBs, I easily wear my whiskey LWB the least. Easily.

I have the whiskey shortwing oxford (bal) on the tremont last. While I like it quite a bit, I don't wear it that often. I wear the heck out of my color 8 LWB. Cigar, Black, and then ravello in that order. I baby my ravellos too much. I should wear them much more often.

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
Friends on the forum have pointed out at times that they go half size up on the aberdeen last. I have a few questions that I would appreciate if friends could answer.

1. Do you go half size up from TTS or half size up from barrie which means that you just go TTS on the aberdeen?

2. Have people had experience buying the aberdeen TTS but going to an E width instead of D?

Appreciate your feedback.

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Whoa, guess the mind blocks out painful memories. Good thing my SBA loan to start my practice was a float, 2 points over prime, but still adjusted every quarter, so it dropped. Also, probably a good thing Ronald Reagan took over and lowered taxes. I think, by the time I paid it off, it was down to 13%, which meant I was able to pay it off early as less and less of the payment went to interest.
Yes, very painful memories. My parents sent me to a small private midwestern liberal-arts college during the Carter administration. I can hear the idolisers of Ronald Reagan who now live on a steady diet of Glen Beck, Rush Limbaugh, and Fox News, howling at the moon with I told you so disgust and incredulity. Thank you Uncle for reminding us of the prime rate while the peanut farmer was in the Oval Office, it made the interest on my student loans laughably outrageous.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NOS hanovers in shell, what would be considered a good price?

Last edited:

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

ravello lwb
argyles otc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads