• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have boots w speed hooks, they have never damaged my pants. I would get them w the hooks and never look back.

The ruby and burgundy Carmina boots are amazing.

The trickers seem too casual

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
I'm with Ironminded. The Ruby is too light and red for my taste. Color 8 is more recently eggplant for sure, but also deeper and darker. Nevertheless, Carmina makes a great shell shoe/boot, just a little different look than the classic American Alden.

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'm with Ironminded.  The Ruby is too light and red for my taste.  Color 8 is more recently eggplant for sure, but also deeper and darker.  Nevertheless, Carmina makes a great shell shoe/boot, just a little different look than the classic American Alden.

I love the color 8 shell and agree - but, just to be clear, I was suggesting the burgundy, not the ruby. Color 8 is a deeper/richer tone - they certainly aren't the same.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

someone is dumping some nice stuff on ebay right now 9.5D - 10D sizes. Prices look pretty good and when is the last time you saw a cigar cordovan 6 eyelet chukka??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alden-Norwe...1842704?pt=US_Men_s_Shoes&hash=item2c720a5c90

Wow, dude must have been hard up for some cash to let those go for $365!

Seriously.  Not a Chukka guy but I would have snatched those in a heartbeat

I'm gonna pretend those fit tts, and I didn't just miss out on a grail pair of exotics. :(

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I'm gonna pretend those fit tts, and I didn't just miss out on a grail pair of exotics.
frown.gif
I'd be uuuuuuupset if they weren't 4 sizes too big for me. Although for that price I would have bought them just to have them!

budapest12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Color 8 Plaza captoe boots at LS. I'm wishing I could justify them but ordered the tanker boot and have the York sole version of the Carminas I was just suggesting. Need some non boots next.

Last edited:

totalair1

Reaction score
I think Fedex Home delivers on Saturday but not on Monday or something funky like that but dont quote me on it.
FedEx Home delivers Tue-Sat, vs office delivers Mon-Fri. I've tried, there's no way to bypass and pick up yourself. What I normally do is have it rerouted to a FedEx Office center that's open 7 days a week, that way I never miss my delivery.

See Ya,
Steve

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The website has two options listed blind vs metal eyelets. I wasnt advised there were two versions hoping its the blind otherwise they are going to be returned.

kwhitelaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
sadly, no sizes larger than 11.5 arrived at LS
frown.gif

Last edited:

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You wait a year for a make up....and then....guaranteed my size in the blind eyelets is gone. You take the good you take the bad then you have the facts of life. Sorry had to vent

Subutai

Reaction score

Long time lurker that has a quick request for help;

I'm trying to source a pair of boots for my wedding [out-door, November in Chicago].  I'm trying to find a pair of Cordovan #8 wingtip boots.  While generally this wouldn't be a problem, Alden of Carmel has a pair like this as does TSM, I'm looking for a pair that DOESN'T have speed laces/hooks.  I'm trying to find a true 9 eyelet #8 cordovan wingtip boot in the equivalent to Truebalance size 10D.

I currently have a pair of black calf Indy's that I really like, but wanted a wingtip boot for the wedding.  I've already called TSM and while their website lists their cordovan #8 wingtip boot as being 9 eyelet the sales person assured me it in fact had speed hooks.

Can anyone help me out?  In looking at the models listed on Alden NYC's website it looks like their version has speed hooks as well.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks a ton, and thanks for all the drool-worthy pics!  

Allen Edmonds makes the Dalton dress boot in burgundy shell cordovan. It's a shortwing with no speed hooks, but it's Allen Edmonds. Solid boot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads