• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question for the community. Which would you consider more rare, Cigar or Color 4, and why?

Easily #4 is more rare. I have only seen a few makeups in #4 in a few years but have seen, and own, a fair amount of Cigar. For shell usually the lighter the shade the more rare it is. That being said #4 is much, much, more rare than Whiskey.

Pastor

Reaction score

I think the color 4 is the unicorn of cordovan.  having read this thread for the past 9 months I believe that the only color 4 makeups that have been produced recently were a few sizes of a cap toe boot and wingtip boot from TSM...Alden could not complete their entire order...and the Atom blucher from Leffot...

I'd be interested in all the #4 models that have been produced. I know of the following.
Captoe Boot - TSM
Wingtip Boot - TSM
Atom - Leffot
4x4 - LS
Saddle - LS
LHS - The Lakota House
Tanker Boot - The Lakota House
NST - The Lakota House

There was a also a guy that posted some pics of a #4 Indy (with white stitching) but they have since been deleted. Not sure where those were from.

Does anybody know of any more?

wildstar

Reaction score
Brand new cap-toe's just arrived in a package from Unionmade. Aww yeah.

I like these a lot, thanks for the pic. I almost bought these but hesitated and then of course my size sold out in no time :(

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I'd be interested in all the #4 models that have been produced. I know of the following.
Captoe Boot - TSM
Wingtip Boot - TSM
Atom - Leffot
4x4 - LS
Saddle - LS
LHS - The Lakota House
NST - The Lakota House

There was a also a guy that posted some pics of a #4 Indy (with white stitching) but they have since been deleted. Not sure where those were from.

Jgilbert #4 - black saddles.
Someone from Japan sold a pair of #4 chukka boots on eBay last month.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

Captoe Boot - TSM
Wingtip Boot - TSM
Atom - Leffot
4x4 - LS
Saddle - LS
LHS - The Lakota House
NST - The Lakota House

That's a pretty good list, I do recall seeing a #4 Chukka on eBay a few months back. Don't recall who had it done.

wildstar

Reaction score
you might try alden san francisco. this used to be a standard makeup from them, i have the black version. i would suggest calling and asking, they are always helpful on the phone.

Thanks for your help 100yrs. I wasn't able to find a cap toe barrie in #8 but Alden SF referred me to Kathy in DC who helped me find a pair on the Grant last that fit :)

Last edited:

jt2gt

Reaction score
Buckin it up:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You guys can continue the discussion on rare shell's as the conversation is really interesting. But I just want to say thanks since the consensus seems unanimous. As I've said before, this site hosts a rare community. The way folks jump in and help me and my fellow rookies is nice and greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads