1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I am an 8D Barrie. About a year ago when Alden DC did their last cigar captoe run I tried to fit into an 8D; it was way too tight. It was more of a width issue then length issue but it didn't work at all. I am going with an 8.5D this run but wish I could try an 8E for comparison

2. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

Normally I'd agree with you but I want my new house worse than I want shoes at the moment.

Pretty sure that 8.5D would fit me and i'd love something in Whiskey but they're will always be more down the road. :(

3. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I have the exact same shoes that have been sitting in my closet for about 4-5 months now waiting to be worn. I treat all my suede with some sort of waterproofer before wearing.

4. SerialComma

SerialComma Senior member

Thanks. Did you find that the color changed after treating?

5. Burzan

Burzan Senior member

Yeah I see what you mean now about possibly considering a 7.5E if I am a 7.5D Barrie. I don't really need anymore length it would just be the width as the main concern as well.

Do they not do E widths in the run you got in on or did you just not want to risk another one fitting wrong? Obviously slightly big can be worked with.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2014
  6. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Huh. I've got to give Kathy a call. My name was the only one on the list for the 10.5 d when I asked about the whiskey SW.

7. z8k1n

z8k1n Senior member

Hi Alden experts, I recently received a pair of white Bucks from Alden NYC and as you can see from the image, not all the suede is perfectly smooth. Is this to be expected? I'm happy to get these banged up a bit so not that worried but at the same time as these aren't cheap I want to make sure I'm getting the goods! Thanks in advance for your comments..
    [​IMG]

8. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Senior member

Not sure if by "available" she meant ones not accounted for - I asked about a few things, this was the only thing she had in 10.5D in anything unusual. We started here and ended back on these after a nice conversation.

I also hopped on the Cigar Cap toe list, but my spot is likely a year out...

9. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Yeah, we'll see. Understandably I can't get anyone there on the phone now. Also, it's probably for the best if I don't spend my money on another set of shoes.

10. Buckeye Nation

Buckeye Nation Senior member

Funny, my wife said something similar....

The first time I called around 10, there was no answer either - second call I got through

11. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

Correct, that I didn't want to wait a year and have it not work. I figured it ifs a bit long then I can use an insole to take up a bit of slack. Grant is a tough last to get the correct size on and not tons of options for trying it on

12. ATLVol

ATLVol Senior member

I am considering another pair of tassels if the corprate discount works for Aldens during the upcoming Brooks Brothers sale.....should I size the shell and or suede the same as CXL version that I currently have? Thanks!

13. ErikW

ErikW Senior member

Hmm...no 8D on JCrew for the 975. Do I order a size 11 and see if they'll exchange it for an 8D later? [​IMG]

14. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

the deal is only 30% for card members right? Thanks.

15. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Corporate Card members (you have the card to receive the corporate discount)

Instructions on how to sign up were posted last year, if you need to find them.

16. blackboard_knowledge

blackboard_knowledge Senior member

I don't know if this is the standard, but I found that my cordovan tassels had to be sized down one WIDTH, not length. It was strange, as I am typically a hard D width. But, I was sized by the great folks at Alden DC, and sure enough, I was a C in the cordovan tassel.

17. Dillardiv

Dillardiv Senior member

Not a bad idea. I ordered the wrong size (accidentally) last time and was able to get the correct size by calling and having them shipped from a retail store.

18. JezeC

JezeC Senior member

Quote:I was referring to the Jcrew card, not the Brooks Brothers Corporate Card. It looks like people are able to get 30% discount off Jcew 975, which would require a Jcrew card?

19. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

should work even w/o card..jiggle it a little

20. Vicious49

Vicious49 Senior member

I was wondering if anyone owns any of the Alden Welterweight walkers since I don't think I've ever seen it mentioned or pictured since I've been reading this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.