***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Thanks very much. Your suggestions are very vauable.

2. epc2

epc2 Senior member

Anybody knows the difference between a D an E width (Barrie last), same lenght , 9.5D and 9.5E,Also When going up in width from D to E on the same size does the lenght stay the same? Also is the heel much wider or just a bit?

Also is a 9E wider than a 9.5D?or about the same?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to work out some sizing issues ,on a D the heel fits perfect no slip at all but the pinky toe on my right feet was killing me so want to go with an E just wondering how much wider the heel will be.

Thanks.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  3. sevenfoldtieguy

sevenfoldtieguy Senior member

I could have elaborated when adding my 2 cents about BB being accommodating.

RTP makes some good points above.

I was using the word accommodating in the sense of "willing to please."

In terms of ordering, trying on to ascertain proper fit, and having to return if necessary, there is no retailer more accommodating. There is also no retailer more accommodating when it comes to returning a shoe. For example, I had a shell model that developed an annoying squeak. I brought it to BB's attention. I had had the shoe for probably 18 months. They actually encouraged me to return it for a full refund - no questions asked. A great majority of my experiences with BB have been online. However, I have dealt directly with two stores in particular - one in CA and one in MA - where the staff was great (inspected the shoes for me; gave me free overnight shipping, etc).

My comment did not go to the issue of knowledgeable staff as it relates to Aldens. That BB does not have. But that isn't something I need them to have at this stage in my Alden career, but I can see where it might be important to some.

As for shoes beat up or scuffed or otherwise in curious condition, yes - I have experienced that with BB, but I have also experienced it with other retailers. Perhaps most notably a color 8 model that arrived at my door with a right shoe and a left shoe in such different shades of burgundy that it was nearly comical (and this from a factory store).

There are a few other retailers I would put on a par with BB as regards the issues above, but no retailer, in my experience, surpasses them.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  4. sevenfoldtieguy

+1

5. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

6. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

That's it, I'm going to bed. Devilishly stylish combo sir.

7. mdubs

mdubs The Mayor of Aldensville

Looking terrific!

8. Rishi Kakar

Rishi Kakar Senior member

Thanks very much for your advice. In my case I know my size that I need to order, just that returning is not an option for me. I need a store that will get it right the first time. It may be a good idea to call Kathy or Jim to pre inspect before shipping. What do u think.

9. sevenfoldtieguy

Yes. Either one of them will be very helpful.

10. Organika

Organika Senior member

Uncle, great looking welt/edge trim. Question, is your gyw deck stitch black thread? It really looks dark, lot of character.

11. blue collar

blue collar Senior member

Ha! I'm the same way. I've been pushing to go to Hawaii with my other half...mostly to visit Leather Soul :paranoia: :hide:

12. Shawnc

Shawnc Senior member

It takes a certain amount of confidence to pull this off. Not sure that I'm there yet but this sure looks good on you. Very nice.

13. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    thank you
    it is dark

14. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

SevenFoldTieGuy: RTP makes some good points above.

I was using the word accommodating in the sense of "willing to please."

In terms of ordering, trying on to ascertain proper fit, and having to return if necessary, there is no retailer more accommodating. There is also no retailer more accommodating when it comes to returning a shoe. For example, I had a shell model that developed an annoying squeak. I brought it to BB's attention. I had had the shoe for probably 18 months. They actually encouraged me to return it for a full refund - no questions asked. A great majority of my experiences with BB have been online. However, I have dealt directly with two stores in particular - one in CA and one in MA - where the staff was great (inspected the shoes for me; gave me free overnight shipping, etc).

My comment did not go to the issue of knowledgeable staff as it relates to Aldens. That BB does not have. But that isn't something I need them to have at this stage in my Alden career, but I can see where it might be important to some.

As for shoes beat up or scuffed or otherwise in curious condition, yes - I have experienced that with BB, but I have also experienced it with other retailers. Perhaps most notably a color 8 model that arrived at my door with a right shoe and a left shoe in such different shades of burgundy that it was nearly comical (and this from a factory store).

There are a few other retailers I would put on a par with BB as regards the issues above, but no retailer, in my experience, surpasses them.

RTP: I agree with everything SFTG posted here. I realized after reading Seven's original post, my definition of customer service and accommodation was much more broad than I intended. I really like that BB wingtip oxford, but tough to pull the trigger when already having three other color 8 wingtip/brogue variations. Tough to find this one also.

15. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Quote:Very cool Frank! Love the Whiskey and the combination... wear in great health my friend!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.