***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

nephew,
    It is the color. #8 is the king.

2. ReppTiePrepster

ReppTiePrepster Senior member

Yes sir, Uncle. You're preaching to the choir.

3. totalair1

totalair1 Senior member

Mcarthur-I totally agree on preorder for rare shell colors and sizes. My problem is I have not found Alden preorders with large size as a choice. LS in Hawaii has none, Unionmade has none, Leffot has none. In addition, it appears The Shoemart is not taking preorders because they have orders that are 2 years old that have not been fulfilled. Ed from the store...went to Horween and there is simply no material there to use, they don't have and don't know when they will. I see this as a significant issue. If there a pair out there you want...don't delay. I could see a stretch of 6-18 months with no new shell cordovan product being made. I hope it's not true. I do know the Shoemart does not expect for Horween to have any cigar, whiskey, or rapella to be available until October 2013 at the soonest. Let me know if you hear otherwise. All I ask is if you hear of a preorder and if my 13.5d or 14d size is available, let me know ASAP!

See Ya,
    Steve

4. Bakes11771

Bakes11771 Senior member

Thank you for your responses, Gentlemen.

5. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Thanks, really liking the 9901s quite a bit so far. They have that distinctive 'Alden' look/shape wheres the BB version does not. I used to think I liked the BB version better but having now owned both, I prefer the Alden version.

photo from Need Supply:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2013
  6. Papa Doble

Papa Doble Senior member

That was me. Buyer claimed some Alden for BB shoes weren't made by Alden despite tons of evidence that they were. I never reported back on the full outcome on this thread, which was that PayPal ruled in his favor, but he never shipped them back to me, so the sale went through.

If I ever sell Alden for BB on eBay again, I would hesitate to mention Alden. If I did, I would put a huge disclaimer that "Alden" is not found on the shoes.

7. phototristan

phototristan Senior member

Thanks for the info. The buyer sounds like he must have got educated and decided not to return them after realizing they were in fact Alden.

8. rydenfan

rydenfan Senior member

I know I know...so many shoes I want just trying to prioritize and be a bit more selective. The cigar PTB is from the recent batch a few months ago and is quite dark IMO. if they were lighter or even a bit more olive tone I would be all over them. I like that Whiskey bal on the Tremont but worry it is a touch dressy for my casual wear. If we could combine them and have a Whiskey PTB available they would be in my closet :)

9. brp2

brp2 Senior member

Hey all -- I've been reading this thread for a while now but have never posted. Just a quick question. I'm currently in Belgium and am heading up to Brugge for the day. I'm making a huge mistake if I don't take the relatively brief side trip to Frans Boone, right? Sadly, I'm pretty sure that I know the answer, but I'm also nearly positive that my travel companion just doesn't understand.

10. BeSpiffington

BeSpiffington Senior member

^ brp2, welcome to the forum. Brugge is one of my favorite cities. It's so beautiful. Definitely need to go to Frans Boone. You'll kick yourself if you don't.

11. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We would like to introduce our shop to the Alden thread by letting you know about our spring sale promotion. We have three models on sale with limited sizes. The first one is an old tan calf and cigar cordovan saddle shoe on the Leydon last E width. These are on sale for $525 US dollars and free shipping at this time. We currently have sizes 6, 6.5,7,8, 8.5, and 9.5 Please let us know what you think and if you have any questions. PMs or email us at [email protected] More pictures and information are coming soon!

Unipair Guy www.unipairstore.com

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  12. tampatravel

tampatravel Senior member

Unipair those are fine fine Aldens! I wish there was a 12D. I'm looking forward to your future posts.

13. Alcibiades

Alcibiades Senior member

I wish you had a 10 :(

14. unipair guy

unipair guy Affiliate Vendor

Thank you very much! We will be adding larger sizes in the future. [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.