• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Swung by Unionmade a couple of days ago to see their newer stocks in person. I was immediately taken by the NST Alpine Grain boots. Now I've never been a fan of pebble grain or split-toe shoes, but for some reason the two in tandem just looked great to me. Here are a couple shots I took at home. I'll try to get some "in the wild," photos if I can ever convince my GF that there are people who actually want to see photos of my shoes...
Also the cordovan indy on the crepe/plantation sole looks pretty outstanding in person. A lot of the photos on the unionmade website really don't do justice to their product. In fact, I guess the same could be said for almost every Alden retailer :(
These are great substitutes for ravello or whiskey NST boots - they look just a striking. The pebble grain actually makes them more functional as well

BeSpiffington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

One of the newer additions to my collection - Color 8 LWB.

Classic!

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Did you buy these just to flip them for a profit or something?  Does not look like you even tried them on.

That's what I was wondering. And good luck to him trying to turn a 20% profit on these (at least that's what it works out to for the Chukka based on the current $700 price at TSM). I know folks love their Alden shell cordovan, but I cannot see anybody actually paying those prices for them... especially when an actual retailer might have your size in stock (or have an order coming through) for a significantly lower price. Or when you can keep an eye out for slightly used here or on eBay for much less. :rolleyes:

Bakes11771

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's what I was wondering. And good luck to him trying to turn a 20% profit on these (at least that's what it works out to for the Chukka based on the current $700 price at TSM). I know folks love their Alden shell cordovan, but I cannot see anybody actually paying those prices for them... especially when an actual retailer might have your size in stock (or have an order coming through) for a significantly lower price. Or when you can keep an eye out for slightly used here or on eBay for much less.
rolleyes.gif
At first I thought he might be some type of rare Alden shell shoe scalper that buys hard to find releases when they drop just to sell them for a profit later on, but after looking at his post history I see that he is a helpful contributor to this thread.

Could probably return them to where he bought them if he just wants to liquidate. If it were me, I would just keep them if I liked them enough to buy them in the first place. Only time I would return is if they don't fit or they are not up to quality standards.

gsgleason

Reaction score
I really want a cigar shell indy boot. Sadly it seems that no one has them any more. I spoke to Ed at The Shoe Mart and he's hoping to get some more from Alden, but it's uncertain as to whether or not this can happen.

In the mean time, I've ordered the #8 version but I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I don't think it will go with my typical attire (mostly khakis or gray slacks).

Does anyone know if anyone has any in cigar shell?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really want a cigar shell indy boot. Sadly it seems that no one has them any more. I spoke to Ed at The Shoe Mart and he's hoping to get some more from Alden, but it's uncertain as to whether or not this can happen.

In the mean time, I've ordered the #8 version but I'm not sure if I'll keep it. I don't think it will go with my typical attire (mostly khakis or gray slacks).

Does anyone know if anyone has any in cigar shell?

1) Alden NYC stocks cigar Indy boots - call them to see if they have them in your size or if you can get on a preorder
2) The color 8 Indy is great as well, it will likely go with your attire

After wearing my whiskey Indy boots all weekend I am really coming around to the idea of cordovan Indy boots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads