• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh. I had two Alden shipments from TSM that were supposed to be delivered by FedEx yesterday. I was working from home and noticed both tracking numbers said "Delivered. Left at front door." about 5 minutes after the recorded delivery time. I opened my door and the packages weren't there. I'm currently waiting for FedEx to get back to me.

Last edited:

ClassyCanuck

Reaction score

Wow! Nice stuff my friend! Was that the Lost and Found pre order you told me about?

No.
My fiancé bought these for me as a christmas gift, got them and they were too long and a little snug across the vamp. We contacted LS and they had one pair left in the next size down and an E width.
Just got these in last night and they fit spot on, perhaps a wee bit snug across the vamp but being they are soft calf I am sure they will loosen with time.

Now if our weather would just cooperate eh I'd be able to wear them.

Last edited:

shaunw

Reaction score
Ugh. I had two Alden shipments from TSM that were supposed to be delivered by FedEx yesterday. I was working from home and noticed both tracking numbers said "Delivered. Left at front door." about 5 minutes after the recorded delivery time. I opened my door and the packages weren't there. I'm currently waiting for FedEx to get back to me.
That is concerning. I had an order from jcrew before the holidays that I had been tracking in great anticipation of receipt (shoes). So on Friday December 7th the package tracking showed delivered (by UPS) with a note that package was left at front door at 3:37 pm. I was at work but my wife who works from home was there at that exact time. I called jcrew to explain the problem and they said they would be submitting a claim to UPS and would get back to me. The following Monday December 10th, low and behold UPS truck pulls up and delivers the package. Out of curiousity I checked the tracking number on the package and it matched what I had tracked and no additional information was added online/UPS tracking.

The whole thing seemed very fishy to me and I have to say that I suspect the UPS driver was behind it. I don't understand why companies like jcrew and theshoemart broadcast their logo's all over their exterior packaging. IMO nothing good is to be gained from that and its really just an invitation for theft.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That is concerning. I had an order from jcrew before the holidays that I had been tracking in great anticipation of receipt (shoes). So on Friday December 7th the package tracking showed delivered (by UPS) with a note that package was left at front door at 3:37 pm. I was at work but my wife who works from home was there at that exact time. I called jcrew to explain the problem and they said they would be submitting a claim to UPS and would get back to me. The following Monday December 10th, low and behold UPS truck pulls up and delivers the package. Out of curiousity I checked the tracking number on the package and it matched what I had tracked and no additional information was added online/UPS tracking.

The whole thing seemed very fishy to me and I have to say that I suspect the UPS driver was behind it. I don't understand why companies like jcrew and theshoemart broadcast their logo's all over their exterior packaging. IMO nothing good is to be gained from that and its really just an invitation for theft.

Hmm, I wonder if I should alert TSM of this.

tmw

Reaction score
cigar shell Tankers, Barrie last

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Also, it may all be relatively innocent. I had UPS deliver several boxes down the street from their intended destination within the last year or so. It was the holidays and I'm sure the driver didn't know the area. You may have had a replacement driver put the boxes down in front of a door that he thought was yours. Not saying this makes sense, but it does happen. I'm sure FedEx will find the boxes. A pain to have to wait, of course, and I hope you didn't pay extra for faster delivery...

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^Also, it may all be relatively innocent. I had UPS deliver several boxes down the street from their intended destination within the last year or so. It was the holidays and I'm sure the driver didn't know the area. You may have had a replacement driver put the boxes down in front of a door that he thought was yours. Not saying this makes sense, but it does happen. I'm sure FedEx will find the boxes. A pain to have to wait, of course, and I hope you didn't pay extra for faster delivery...

I didn't pay any extra money for expedited shipping, and I don't mind waiting a couple days, provided the packages show up. I just don't want to be on the hook for this, like you said.

Last edited:

rfc84

Reaction score

On I've had a fedex driver scan the package as delivered when he was still en route before. He eventually showed up with it a good hour after it was supposedly delivered. He didn't have much of an explanation for why he did this, i called fedex after and complained about the incident for what it was worth.

Renton

Reaction score

These reverse chamois were perfect for some Bourbon St fun last weekend...

You wore those shoes on Bourbon Street? If I'm down there during Mardi Gras, I'll only wear shoes that I can hose down and throw in the washing machine.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

On I've had a fedex driver scan the package as delivered when he was still en route before. He eventually showed up with it a good hour after it was supposedly delivered. He didn't have much of an explanation for why he did this, i called fedex after and complained about the incident for what it was worth.

Yeah, we'll see if they somehow show up today. TSM is going to get back to me after they contact FedEx.

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Many people have reported that Barrie lasted boots are often shorter and narrower than Barrie lasted longwings. I have found this myself with Barrie captoe boots, and have subsequently sold all of mine (for boots, I need an E width). It seems to me that Barrie longwings tend to be longer and wider than most Barrie shoes in the same size.

I agree^^^ My LWBs have probably more room inside than they should. (I prefer to err on the side of being a little roomy over a little too snug) My J crew Cap Toe boot (also barrie) fits absolutely perfectly. So yes, the LWB seems to be a little wider, but I don't think they are longer than my barrie lasted boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads