• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hooker4186

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw two pairs of Aldens in the wild today - 405s and Roy boots. Unfortunately wasn't wearing my Indies which would have been hilarious as the guy in 405s sat right next to me on the train. Still told him he had great boots.

rzapol

Reaction score
Does anybody know if any retailers have a dressy(ish) boot in black shell currently? I need a new black boot and am having a really hard time finding anything.

Thanks!

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Saw two pairs of Aldens in the wild today - 405s and Roy boots. Unfortunately wasn't wearing my Indies which would have been hilarious as the guy in 405s sat right next to me on the train. Still told him he had great boots.

Did he give you the "I knew I should have sat in the next car" look?
:laugh:

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

poena

Reaction score

Newest addition... J Crew Cap Toe boot in color 8.  Haven't decided if I will keep them.  Not sure boots are for me.  May go with a cap toe medallion blucher (2145)  instead if I can find it.
what size are yours?

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
10D, but I bought them just before the sale so I paid retail; even more reason to return. Still undecided...

Al in Philly

Reaction score

My first pair of Alden shell. 4060 boot from TSM.

I just recently got engaged and my fiance got me these as an engagement/Christmas present. Undoubtedly better than a watch IMO. I am taking them through the Mac break in process.

ATLVol

Reaction score
I like those a lot.....actually have them in my cart on J Crew right now with the hopes that another valid discount will come around before Christmas. Are they Barrrie?

ATLVol

Reaction score
Photo%20Dec%2012%2C%203%2021%2037%20PM.jpg

Alden Nat. CXL WTB. Courtesy of a recent J.Crew 25% Off Sale
smile.gif
. First day out and lovin' em'!
Sorry....my last post was meant for macjedi.

Todd V

Reaction score

My first pair of Alden shell.  4060 boot from TSM.  

I just recently got engaged and my fiance got me these as an engagement/Christmas present.  Undoubtedly better than a watch IMO.  I am taking them through the Mac break in process.

Well...if you were going to have TWO boots, this is the other boot you would have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads