• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
Originally Posted by muffinman
where are you guys ordering your cordovan aldens from?

Alden SF: They always have a great selection.
Alden NY Madison: They do too.
LeatherSoul: Needs no introduction.

Just call around. There is abundant shell out there.

Dexter_

Reaction score
Originally Posted by zippyh
Leather Soul
The Shoe Mart
Brooks Brothers.
Epaulet
Alden of Carmel/J Gilbert.

In that order.

+1
devil.gif

iansir

Reaction score
3 months and still waiting on NRO...they now have upgraded me to free overnight shipping and claim that they have asked their alden rep to expedite the order. I'm very unhappy with them in general - why would they advertise a 3 week lead time and then give me this crap?

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
znoo4n.jpg

ravello ptb

rick

Reaction score
snuff suede longwing leathersoul thanks tom sorry for the cell phone pic.

IMG00100.jpg

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iansir
3 months and still waiting on NRO...they now have upgraded me to free overnight shipping and claim that they have asked their alden rep to expedite the order. I'm very unhappy with them in general - why would they advertise a 3 week lead time and then give me this crap?
Holy **** man. I just emailed them yesterday to cancel my order because of unreasonable (10 week now) lead-time and that original 3-week expected lead-time stated on the website was not even close. Wouldn't you know, I just got two emails today saying: (a) that orders are not cancellable but that I can return for full refund (marsupialed, but okay) and (b) that the boots have shipped today! How about them apples, huh? This has been the only communication from them to date. At this point, I've given up, I'm returning the boots when I get them and they can shove their lame customer service where it don't shine. I understand Indy customs take time, but when I worked in sales, a custom item from Italy took only 12 weeks, and that included 4-weeks shipping via container. C'mon.

sixsails

Reaction score
Have the Roy boots always been on the trubalance? I could've sworn they were on the barrie when I ordered mine.

Scrounger

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Holy **** man. I just emailed them yesterday to cancel my order because of unreasonable (10 week now) lead-time and that original 3-week expected lead-time stated on the website was not even close.

Wouldn't you know, I just got two emails today saying:

(a) that orders are not cancellable but that I can return for full refund (marsupialed, but okay) and

(b) that the boots have shipped today! How about them apples, huh?

This has been the only communication from them to date. At this point, I've given up, I'm returning the boots when I get them and they can shove their lame customer service where it don't shine.

I understand Indy customs take time, but when I worked in sales, a custom item from Italy took only 12 weeks, and that included 4-weeks shipping via container. C'mon.

10 weeks for me. E-mailed them a few days ago, got an automated response that I'd be contacted in 24 hours. No response for several days, e-mailed again, got the reply that I'd be updated by noon the next day. That was 2 days ago...

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Scrounger
10 weeks for me. E-mailed them a few days ago, got an automated response that I'd be contacted in 24 hours. No response for several days, e-mailed again, got the reply that I'd be updated by noon the next day. That was 2 days ago...
My theory (and don't quote me) is that NRO probably had to amass a minimum amount of pre-orders before actually placing the order with Alden. So it's entirely possible a big chunk of that lead time is our orders just sitting on a wait-list. Just imo. Which, again, I don't mind, as long as that fact is disclosed. Like our friends at Epaulet are so good at doing.

Seafinch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by sixsails
Have the Roy boots always been on the trubalance? I could've sworn they were on the barrie when I ordered mine.

I thought the same thing... I already pre-ordered mine too (for june/july shipment). I wonder what last they'll be on.

AriGold

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden quality of stitching on the uppers is very questionable. Paid $500 for some boots and the stitching has come undone near the toe. A common problem as mentioned earlier in the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads