Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Have the Roy boots always been on the trubalance? I could've sworn they were on the barrie when I ordered mine.

I thought the same thing... I already pre-ordered mine too (for june/july shipment). I wonder what last they'll be on.

Yes the Roy boots were originally on the Barrie last, I believe the change to Trubalance is effective with the pre-order that's currently open (i.e. previous pre-orders should still be Barrie...) I emailed Context inquiring about this and they said that Alden recommended the change, so they went with it.

2. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

snuff suede longwing leathersoul thanks tom sorry for the cell phone pic.

[​IMG]

looks very nice. enjoy wearing

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

Yes the Roy boots were originally on the Barrie last, I believe the change to Trubalance is effective with the pre-order that's currently open (i.e. previous pre-orders should still be Barrie...) I emailed Context inquiring about this and they said that Alden recommended the change, so they went with it.

I ordered them when they were still on the Barrie (pre-order IIII), but I wonder if I would have preferred them on the trubalance.

4. Seafinch

Seafinch Senior member

^ Yeah. That's what I'm wondering. Does anyone know why they would suggest a different last. I'm not that knowledgeable.

5. rick

rick Senior member

looks very nice. enjoy wearing

thanks

6. rick

rick Senior member

quicjk question can you change speedhooks to metal eyelets?

7. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

I was at the Alden SF store today chatting with Robert and Jim and a kid comes in and says "I'm from out of town and I want to get fitted for every last"

Robert and I looked at each other like "Oh mannnn"

The guys at the shop are willing to accomodate requests like this because they are professional and nice and provide top service, but that is asking A LOT. It takes a long time to get fitted for just one shoe when you consider the different widths.

I am an Alden fan and I get the need to know your exact size, but really? I also get the other side because I sell Aldens now.

All I can say is that dude better post his exact findings on this thread so everyone can benefit!

8. sixsails

sixsails Senior member

The change to Trubalance has to be relevant to more than just the current pre-order as I was told my boots will be on the Trubalance and my expected delivery is in June.

9. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

^ Yeah. That's what I'm wondering. Does anyone know why they would suggest a different last. I'm not that knowledgeable.

I wonder if it has something to do with the actual amount of Barrie lasts that Alden has to work with. I've been told that they only have a certain number of each last and when they are all being used, orders can get backed up.

This theory is something I've been thinking about lately. Think about all the custom orders that have been pouring in to Alden in the last couple of years compared to say 5 years ago. It's got to be something like triple the amount or even more! Not only are the standard Alden shoes more popular now, the custom make ups from retailers are through the roof. Shoe Mart, LeatherSoul, A of C, Japan, and some others have been doing it for a while but now there's Leffot, Context, Winn Perry, Blackbird, etc... Heck, I just submitted orders for 7 customs myself. That's a lot of demand on the Alden factory!

I don't know what my point is, but my guess is that we are going to be looking at longer lead times at least. We may see some changes in the way that Alden does customs and maybe little things like changing lasts on a run might be part of it.

(I really am just guessing about some of this stuff and could be wrong so don't hold me to it)

10. deltashell

deltashell Senior member

Some of mine:

Ravello chukkas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    whiskey lhs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    whiskey ptbs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

Whered you get those ravella chukkas? Those are amazing.

12. sixsails

sixsails Senior member

^^^^ beautiful shoes

I'm happy that they've switched to the Trubalance on the Roy as it seems to be better for those with problematic feet.

13. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

Love the ravello chukkas! Where did you get those? I'm trying to decide on something like that or suede...

14. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

Love the ravello chukkas! Where did you get those? I'm trying to decide on something like that or suede...

The only real answer is both.

15. deltashell

deltashell Senior member

Thanks, the ravello chukkas are from Alden sf. They had one pair left in my size, 9d, so maybe they have a few others left. I think shoemart may have some now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.