1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rick

rick Senior member

shoe mart has a pair of these as seconds for $389, size 9.5 D. I almost bought them...

i have them there great and for 389 jump on it.

2. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

3. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Sweet.

4. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

very awesome ^^, and I love the J Crew Captoe boots but it seems like 8.5 is the smallest they stock! oh well

5. lowrider

lowrider Senior member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cigar / black v-tip blucher

6. jasonfoote303

^ those v-tips are giving me a shoe boner

7. Razele

Razele Senior member

Tried to kop the plaza lasted captoes but Tom only got them in #8 and not black cordovan

Nooooo

8. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

just got my roys in today, simply amazing boots. I had a few concerns, though, since these are my very first pair of aldens. 1) a slight seperation on the sole, might be nothing, but its not on the other side or on the other shoe. Im hoping it wont be a problem down the line. 2)a slight perforaton on the back of both shoes. I'm sure its from production but just putting it here to make sure it isnt abnormal or a potential problem. pardon the pictures, couldnt wait to take these pictures and put them up and the iphone is all i have around here. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. robin

robin Senior member

Neither will lead to potential problems.

10. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

The hole on the heel area is on every pair of Aldens from tacking in the upper to the last during the lasting process. Some are hidden better than others.

11. halberdklown

halberdklown Senior member

Thank you very much for the responses guys. on another note: it seems that the boot is a bit tight around the sides of the foot and around the sides of the heel. It wasn't hard to put them on, but i could definitly feel how tight it was. I'm sure i'd be able to walk in them but i havent tried in case i need to return them. would going a half size up be better? or, since its the horween leather, would the stretching make them fine?

12. ghdvfddzgzdzg

ghdvfddzgzdzg Senior member

are you guys getting your roys from preorder V? or was preorder IV that close to preorder v?

13. jasonfoote303

Thank you very much for the responses guys. on another note: it seems that the boot is a bit tight around the sides of the foot and around the sides of the heel. It wasn't hard to put them on, but i could definitly feel how tight it was. I'm sure i'd be able to walk in them but i havent tried in case i need to return them. would going a half size up be better? or, since its the horween leather, would the stretching make them fine?

My advice is exchange them. I have a pair of chromexcel walkers that are just a bit too tight and everytime I wear them I'm bummed. I even used a shoe stretcher to try to loosen them up. the benefit of having a pair of boots like that is all day comfort- if you have the wrong size you aren't going to be happy with them.

14. rick

rick Senior member

My advice is exchange them. I have a pair of chromexcel walkers that are just a bit too tight and everytime I wear them I'm bummed. I even used a shoe stretcher to try to loosen them up. the benefit of having a pair of boots like that is all day comfort- if you have the wrong size you aren't going to be happy with them.

i agree, if your going to spend that much on boots they should be comfy right out of the box.

15. Johdus Fanfoozal

Johdus Fanfoozal Senior member

Anybody else here wear their Alden Indys (or any Alden boot) during the summer?

I don't do it everyday and avoid the hottest of days, but even in 80+ degrees my feet have yet to melt.

16. stoneb

stoneb Senior member

I wear them in dry 114 degree weather and it's fine.

17. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

Anyone ever have an issue where the stitching on this part of the shoe starts to come undone? [​IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us It's pretty minor but just really annoying every time I look down and see it.

18. b-ill

b-ill Senior member

Since I bought them from J.Crew, they said I can just return them at the store. Might be a good opportunity to trade up to the cordovan boots they just came out with...

19. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Anyone ever have an issue where the stitching on this part of the shoe starts to come undone?

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

It's pretty minor but just really annoying every time I look down and see it.

Yes, but I only noticed from postings in this thread and they have never advanced beyond that on mine. It does not bother me and I only notice now when someone posts this.

20. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I wear them in dry 114 degree weather and it's fine.
    +1. Never had a problem. But your feet might be different than the soldiers who are stationed in Iraq and Afghanistan? Or maybe they change to BATTLE SANDALS in the summer months?[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.