Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaitek

Vaitek Senior member

The only real answer is both.

I already have the longwings from Epaulet, which are awesome and the cap toe boots in black from Leather Soul. I'm really trying not to kill myself on these shoes, but they are great and I think I need a brown boot version in suede...

2. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

[​IMG]

Nice!!! are those the Fox River "monkey" socks?

did you grab those at Unionmade?

3. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

+1 on the beauty of those ravello chukkas. Gorgeous!

Interesting that some of the roy boots arriving in june will be on trubalance. I wonder if they're planning to give those who are expecting the barrie a head's up, or if they'll assume everyone sizes the same on both lasts and ship them out.

I'm expecting mine in June as well--seems that it might be a toss up which last i get.

4. LeatherSOUL

LeatherSOUL Senior member

I wonder if it has something to do with the actual amount of Barrie lasts that Alden has to work with. I've been told that they only have a certain number of each last and when they are all being used, orders can get backed up.

Good thinking Jason, but it doesn't make sense in this scenario because the shortage is in Trubalance, not Barrie. The Trubalance last has been so popular due to the increased demand for the Indy and all the varieties. J.Crew is really taking up a lot of lasts and making it hard for me. Alden had to order new Trubalance lasts to keep up with the demand. My orders for my Ultimate Indys that were taking 3-4 months years ago are now taking 8+.

5. jasonfoote303

jasonfoote303 Senior member

Good thinking Jason, but it doesn't make sense in this scenario because the shortage is in Trubalance, not Barrie. The Trubalance last has been so popular due to the increased demand for the Indy and all the varieties. J.Crew is really taking up a lot of lasts and making it hard for me. Alden had to order new Trubalance lasts to keep up with the demand. My orders for my Ultimate Indys that were taking 3-4 months years ago are now taking 8+.

I forgot about J. Crew!

Thanks for the insight Tom. I think it's great for us to hear from an expert about some of the inner workings of this brand that we all love so much.

Would you say that Alden is producing more shoes than ever? and if so what will some of the repercussions be? Longer waits for custom orders and re-stocks? The shop where I work waited for a back-ordered 975 in 11D for almost 2 months!

6. swift.

swift. Senior member

If anyone hears of a pair of Context Roys in 10.5 please end my way. Cheers.

7. hooker4186

hooker4186 Senior member

I've read through the thread but I can't remember if there's a consensus on where to look for replacement laces for Alden shoes/boots? Anyone have any positive recommendations?

8. mg428

mg428 Senior member

I've read through the thread but I can't remember if there's a consensus on where to look for replacement laces for Alden shoes/boots? Anyone have any positive recommendations?

Speaking of laces, I wish Alden shoes came with extra laces. Really why don't they come with spare laces? Perhaps Tom may comment on this.

9. Roguls

Roguls Senior member

This is, to me, unfortunate. I know this too well - ordered 403s from Leffot (even left deposit) in November, awaiting a February arrival date. Then it was pushed to March. Now there is no word, and we are coming up on May. And, the kicker - they sent Steven at Leffot a partially filled order to his store...so he had stock to sell, but not my boots, which I had left a deposit on!

I can't imagine the demand for Aldens to decrease, as the economy turns around. Time for Alden to consider expansion (imagine that...in the USA). But obviously, this could also invite trouble.

My Alden want list is too long, and the availability too short.

10. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

Some of mine:

Ravello chukkas:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    whiskey lhs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    whiskey ptbs:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nephew,
    thank you for posting. great looking shoes

11. mcarthur

mcarthur Senior member

[​IMG]
    burgundy cap toe boots

12. jaydc7

jaydc7 Senior member

Shine on those looks great Michael.

13. Arizor

Arizor Senior member

Fantastic shine Michael, what's your steps for polishing/maintenance?

14. rebel222

rebel222 Senior member

Fantastic shine Michael, what's your steps for polishing/maintenance?

Google "mac method" "shell cordovan." That's Mac ^^^.

15. blynch

blynch Senior member

anyone of pics of something in dark brown soft calfskin?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.