• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

REguy

Reaction score

One more NRO update: They charged my credit card even though they said the shoes were at least 16 weeks from shipment.

I really hope this works out for you, but why would anyone buy from these clowns? Especially when the ad clearly said Aldens are excluded. IMO, you're just asking for trouble from the wonderful crew at NRO.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really hope this works out for you, but why would anyone buy from these clowns? Especially when the ad clearly said Aldens are excluded. IMO, you're just asking for trouble from the wonderful crew at NRO.

I placed the order just in case they actually had them in stock, fully aware of their reputation. As expected, they didn't (or said they didn't), and I cancelled the order.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I placed the order just in case they actually had them in stock, fully aware of their reputation. As expected, they didn't (or said they didn't), and I cancelled the order.

I advise you to get a written confirmation of the cancellation from NRO.
I cancelled my last order with them and they still billed/shipped the shoes 2 months later.
I had to open a BBB claim to get them to take the order back.
they are dubious scoundrels.

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I advise you to get a written confirmation of the cancellation from NRO.
I cancelled my last order with them and they still billed/shipped the shoes 2 months later.
I had to open a BBB claim to get them to take the order back.
they are dubious scoundrels.

Meaning they would not allow you to return the shoes?

Thanks for the warning. I will be calling them in the morning.

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Meaning they would not allow you to return the shoes?
Thanks for the warning. I will be calling them in the morning.

they state that in order to return an item you need to email them and have an RMA # issued.
they never returned emails requesting an RMA, nor phone calls/voicemails.

but hey, to their credit, they responded within 12 hours of my filing a complaint with the better business bureau!

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
Hi Alden lovers!
I've been a keen follower of this forum. To me this seems like one big family. This is my first comment on this forum.
My shoe cabinet comprises of :

1. Alden Longwing blucher in #8 shell (Alden NYC)
2. Alden Longwing blucher in Ravello shell (Alden DC)
3. Alden NST in Cigar (Alden SF)
4. Alden Perf cap toe bal in Black shell (Alden SF)

This may not be a long list, but considering that I live in India and I discovered Alden a year back, this is my repertoire.

My best wishes to the forum members.

wj4

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Alden lovers!
I've been a keen follower of this forum. To me this seems like one big family. This is my first comment on this forum. 

This may not be a long list, but considering that I live in India and I discovered Alden a year back, this is my repertoire.

Man, you must be balling in India with those Aldens!

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
Well wj4, all I can say is I've never seen anyone sport Aldens here in India and I love the fact that I'm wearing a high quality shoe that no one recognizes.

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

haha yeah a female coworker mentioned this the other day as well, saying captoes and these at BB look like they are from the 1920s or 1880s

That would make ME want them more...:satisfied:

they look smurfy after two coats. i think i need some black spray...

Dude, should've left 'em and added a stenciled "N"...
napoli-logo.gif

My first pair of Alden's.......

Oxblood Brixton Boots...   Was really worried about getting the size right but I think I nailed it.

First inspection.

Gonna go put a few miles on em.

Hope this doesn't become an expensive habit...

The bad news is that it will. The good is that you at least have a nice guitar and a cute dog you can sell to help fund it.

Last edited:

sevenfoldtieguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi Alden lovers!

Welcome. Nice choices.

neutrino

Reaction score
It really is special when you open the box of your first pair (and every pair after that
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
) of shell cordovan Aldens. The fragrance alone is worth the price.
Oh yes. I guess most guys in this thread know what you're talking about
nod[1].gif

The barrie is one of my favorites; the leydon one of my least favorites.

Cigar LWBs are wonderful. Nice choice.
Thank you. I can't wait to break in those longwings and see what Barrie will fit like.
Btw, I think I've mentioned it before, but I was inclined to go with cigar PTB (also from Alden SF, I was kinda assuming I'd give in and get a #8 LWB afterwards), but it sold out in my size in front of my eyes. Well, I thought, I'm good either way
colgate.gif

Nice choice, let's see some pics.
Thanks, I tried to snap some indoors, but wasn't too successful with the iphone camera:

I'll try to shoot some pics in the wild after I've broken them in. Hot damn, I'm starting to realize what this is all about
happy.gif

The bad news is that it will. The good is that you at least have a nice guitar and a cute dog you can sell to help fund it.
Oh ****, I have a nice guitar too. Don't want to part with it though
ffffuuuu.gif

Last edited:

Papa Doble

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I tried to snap some indoors, but wasn't too successful with the iphone camera:

Very nice. Enjoy in good health, as uncle would surely say.

Alden NY? Some here might disagree, but I really like the dark welt on these and cigar in general. I think I'm going to ultimately go with a #8 LWB, but I go back and forth between #8 and cigar. I suppose they are both great options and most end up with both. :)

Last edited:

Rishi Kakar

Reaction score
My first picture post. Its night in India. Getting ready for tomorrow mor. These 975s are about 15 months old and have got over a 100 wearings this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads