• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Halleck boots from Unionmade.

very nice

does_want_trollcat.jpg

Last edited:

Edgein

Reaction score
Just missed an LHS on *bay. Black cordovan new old stock, went for $340 B***** grabbed it at the last second... Good deal for him, pisser!

Arizor

Reaction score
Great boots mothball!

Selling my Indy cordovans on here if anyone's interested by the way; details in the sig.

bucksfan

Reaction score
Just missed an LHS on *bay. Black cordovan new old stock, went for $340 B***** grabbed it at the last second... Good deal for him, pisser!
I was watching a similar pair too - I have concluded there are too many of us in the 11.5 to 12 range to get any great deals.

Last edited:

Raybot

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has the cordovan #8 indy boot from either Shoe Mart or this North River Outfitter version. If so can you post a photo or two? I'm having a hard time distinguishing the colors from the photos they post on their site.

Thanks

Amused

Reaction score

OIx

Reaction score

fa1js0.jpg

cigar tassels
argyles otc

Great looking tassels!!

I was chasing LS and Leffot trying to figure out any chance to place a pre-order for Cigar tassels but no success.. Does anyone know who could stock or do a preorder on those ?

HorseHide

Reaction score

++ Great advice and totally with you on the #8 longwing with the dark edge. While cigar is beautiful, #8 is more versatile and a great first shoe.

+++ #8 should be your first, IMO it is a foundational piece of a wardrobe. I also concur that your first pair of #8 should have the dark edge trim/welting. I have a pair of #8 LWB with antique edge trim/welting and they get far more limited use.

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Great looking tassels!!
I was chasing LS and Leffot trying to figure out any chance to place a pre-order for Cigar tassels but no success.. Does anyone know who could stock or do a preorder on those ?

Shoe mart stocks cigar tassels

In general, for rare cordovan colors in "basic" models (tassels, LHS, PTB, longwings, chukkas), check the Alden stores (DC, NYC, SF). They tend to stock them, and if they don't have your size, they will put your name down for the next restock.

seer

Reaction score

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Subscribing to this thread could possibly end up being worse than reading TOJ or Epaulet daily...

...didn't intend on getting any Aldens until maybe Christmas. But, already ordered some color 8 shell chukkas....

...and now eyeing shell LWBs...the question is, whiskey or cigar? man...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads