• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here's my collection, started about a month and a half ago. Decided to keep the 403s and got the Ravello Plain Toes on a Modified last today from interlockingny. Quick question, as they were seconds, the right one looks a bit lighter than the left. Will they even out in color after wearing? (Guessing it's from a store display so lightened by sun?)

404, Ravello, 403
tumblr_lymrabr37U1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lymrdrlteb1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here's my collection, started about a month and a half ago. Decided to keep the 403s and got the Ravello Plain Toes on a Modified last today from interlockingny. Quick question, as they were seconds, the right one looks a bit lighter than the left. Will they even out in color after wearing? (Guessing it's from a store display so lightened by sun?)
404, Ravello, 403
tumblr_lymrabr37U1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lymrdrlteb1qb0bszo1_500.jpg

Regarding your mismatched Revello boots - they will both lighten as you wear them. Probably they should trend towards being more similar in color. Even if they don't, I have first quality #8 shoes that differ in color at least that much.

They look very nice.

Mr.K

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My ever growing collection

Top=Suede Chukka, Obscura Captoe Boot, Suede Chukka
Bottom=Obscura CapToe, LS Suede PTB, LS FLex LWB, 966

Hopefully by mid year I should have a pair of LS Ultimate CXL Jumpers and a pair of unlined suede penny loafers.
Wish List=Leffot #8 LWB, Cigar LWB & Leffot Natural CXL LWB

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Modest Collection:
3a2a30bb.jpg

Blue Suede LWB and Brown Cap Toe Bals on Modified
fd257b1b.jpg

Whiskey NST, Cigar NST, Ravello LWB, Cigar LWB
910823c3.jpg

#4 Atom, Black LWB BBBF, #8 Ultimate Jumper Boot Resoled, #8 Cap Toe Boot on Modified
82919852.jpg

Just sold my modified lasted burgundy calf NST, but awaiting a few pairs of shoes and boots on pre-order that should be in relatively soon!

AldenLuver

Reaction score
I am looking at also purchasing a Whiskey LWB. I noticed that the style # for the Whiskey LWB from Alden of Carmel (AF21) is different from what appears to be the shoe (and same sole) at The Shoe Mart (97891). Is there a difference between the two, or are they the same shoe but just made specifically for the two stores? Thanks...

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In on Alden Photo Day.

Natural CXL Indys, Pure Blue Japan xx009, Barbour International

Currently unavailable for photo:

Shell 974s in #8 (at home), Shell LWB in Cigar (in the mail).

Three acquisitions in a month. I've been bitten. Caution to all those who follow.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Today in #8 PTB, just treated to recently acquired Venetian Shoe Cream and a good brushing.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Regarding your mismatched Revello boots - they will both lighten as you wear them. Probably they should trend towards being more similar in color. Even if they don't, I have first quality #8 shoes that differ in color at least that much.
They look very nice.

Thanks, that's what I figured.

Briar Snob

Reaction score
Thanks for the tip but they don't have my size...doh The lady (who sounds very nice and helpful) said they will get some soon.

Might have been Kathy (who is the manager if I remember correctly). She is very helpful and since the cigar cap toe boot is one of their "special" boots, it might be worth dropping a deposit for your size.

I agree -- if you are interested in the Cigar, I would put down a small deposit. I am on the list for the Cigar PTB, and when I was in last, was told that they were now in production (apparently the factory called to ensure that she had properly requested my size -- a 12.5D -- it must be an odd size for them to produce). In any event, she said to expect them by April.

blue collar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My small collection with a poor camera

chrisshoes001.jpg

#8LHS
Cigar LWB
BB black PTB
LS CXL Chukka
Indy 403

Wish list: Whiskey Monk, Ravello Barrie NST, 966

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads