• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2023 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWH

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know what length is the standard on 990 shoelaces? I got my 990's recently, but find the laces a little too short (high instep I guess). Would like to get some longer laces, and I don't wanna end up buying the same size as I have currently.

I have googled and searched the site, but with little luck.
I have the all weather walker with 77cm laces. They work for me but I can see them being too short for a higher instep.

serbarristan

Reaction score
Cigar V’s hiding from the rain.
095AA0B2-CD70-4BFD-9BBD-6CF3CD13D683.jpeg

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Kudu over commando Indys are showing 30% off at Jcrew with code ADDTOBAG.
But they're also back ordered until July.

pwhinson

Reaction score
Question re sizing on the Barrie last. I only own one pair of Aldens, a beautiful color 8 shell PTB made for Brooks Brothers by Alden in a size 9.5D. There is some controversy re what last these were made on (some say Barrie, some say M58, some say it depends on WHEN they manufactured for BB by Alden). So anyway, my 9.5D PTBs while beautiful, are a little loose on me even with thick socks. They're wearable, but not snug. Recently I tried on a 9.0 NEW Alden PTB on the barrie last and it was a smidge tight I would say. In Allen Edmonds I wear a 10.0 pretty well (not too tight, not too loose). So the thing is, the PTBs I HAVE PRESENTLY are definitely a smidge too loose. In trying to find the right fit in the Barrie last would you suggest I try to give a good break-in with a 9D? Does anyone else size down a full size (not half) from your Allen Edmonds size to Alden in the Barrie last?

rosenkruez

Reaction score
The TSM boots have landed here. These were my original "grail" boots and waited years to finally procure a pair. Not going to lie - thought I was wanting the more "classic" shade of ravello, but absolutely love these boots.
View attachment 1912401
It is interesting how ravello has evolved over the years. Obviously the shell changes color with wear and over time, but here are a couple others for reference.
View attachment 1912403
I thought this newest TSM was almost like a lighter cigar, but here is a pic with their cigar brothers for a comparison. View attachment 1912417
A pic with some whiskey for reference for good measure too. 😉
View attachment 1912419
It is a good day here in MN! Cheers all!
What’s the shoe on the far left in the last picture? Basically my dream shoes.

barutanseijin

Reaction score
Question re sizing on the Barrie last. I only own one pair of Aldens, a beautiful color 8 shell PTB made for Brooks Brothers by Alden in a size 9.5D. There is some controversy re what last these were made on (some say Barrie, some say M58, some say it depends on WHEN they manufactured for BB by Alden). So anyway, my 9.5D PTBs while beautiful, are a little loose on me even with thick socks. They're wearable, but not snug. Recently I tried on a 9.0 NEW Alden PTB on the barrie last and it was a smidge tight I would say. In Allen Edmonds I wear a 10.0 pretty well (not too tight, not too loose). So the thing is, the PTBs I HAVE PRESENTLY are definitely a smidge too loose. In trying to find the right fit in the Barrie last would you suggest I try to give a good break-in with a 9D? Does anyone else size down a full size (not half) from your Allen Edmonds size to Alden in the Barrie last?

14C or B in AE, but 13D in Barrie. I don’t know that there are any 13.5 Barrie, so not like i have much choice. Fortunately 13D works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52