• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crizzlelovesyou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Messaged you on IG, but figure I'd also ask here. Do you condition the leather at all or just leave outdoors to fade?
Hey, I think I replied on IG too, but I faded these with no conditioning. They were dry in the vamps, but the rest of the boot was pretty okay. I actually just finished conditioning them so I'll edit this post in a sec with some pics of them post conditioning. Most of this was rotating them every few days to try and keep the fading even (which sorta worked I think) and then they did get rest indoors because we've had fairly frequent rains. Whenever I brought them inside they were brushed and that was it.

20220807_162317.jpg

I conditioned these with tanners blend from Ashland Leather which I've been using on basically all of my horween stuff lately and then buffed them with a touch of saphir cordovan creme. The leather was dry and typically the tanners blend darkens leathers for a couple days before it lightens back up.

Last edited:

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I learned that even the LHS Loafers have a metal shank that sets off the metal detector at TSA. Quick slip off and then slip on. Didn't appreciate walking barefoot through security, but guess I know now.

Quick flight back home and wearing shorts due to the warm weather. Please excuse my pale legs.
PXL_20220807_213821285.jpg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today I learned that even the LHS Loafers have a metal shank that sets off the metal detector at TSA. Quick slip off and then slip on. Didn't appreciate walking barefoot through security, but guess I know now.
🤣
I usually throw out the socks I wore through the scanner. In the absence of socks? Foot bath in bleach?

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
🤣
I usually throw out the socks I wore through the scanner. In the absence of socks? Foot bath in bleach?
OMG, I pitch the scanner socks as well, as soon as home or hotel room, out they go! Last 2 days have been babysitting grandkids, so pretty boring footwear over the weekend. And on the AE 65 Last vs Alden, I'm a solid 9D in the 65 last and 8.5D in Barrie

ojaw

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OMG, I pitch the scanner socks as well, as soon as home or hotel room, out they go! Last 2 days have been babysitting grandkids, so pretty boring footwear over the weekend. And on the AE 65 Last vs Alden, I'm a solid 9D in the 65 last and 8.5D in Barrie
Can’t they just be washed? Or are airport cooties the worst cooties of the day?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Quick flight back home and wearing shorts due to the warm weather. Please excuse my pale legs.
View attachment 1820249

I wear English shoes/boots or sneakers when I travel. The former have a wood shank. I never wear Aldens for this reason. TSA-Pre and Clear and never disrobe again

smmrfld

Reaction score
I wear English shoes/boots or sneakers when I travel. The former have a wood shank. I never wear Aldens for this reason. TSA-Pre and Clear and never disrobe again
I travel weekly - Clear and TSA-Pre - and haven’t taken my shoes off in years. Just ask to go through the scanner instead of the metal detector. Easy.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Tuesday forum pals. #8 PTBs for a trip to McDonalds, the restaurant of choice for all grandchildren with sophisticated palates.

IMG_1997.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads