• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMT1

Reaction score
J. Crew PCTs, out twice(!) now this month. Snap, better watch it before they disintegrate on me.

u9QzuBH.jpg

joLUdUi.jpg

9GeI2Qd.jpg

stormboy202

Reaction score
Hey Alden-ites,
Would really appreciate some trubalance sizing advice - brannock 12c/d, but lower volume w skinny ankles. My Grant Stones are 12d but the boots have a ton of volume (although my most comfortable size)

have tried 11d and 11.5d Indy boots, and the 11.5s fit better but still voluptuous (lacings pretty much touching, esp at the top), but the length was OK. TSM recommended I try an 11.5c; would you all recommend the same? Or maybe a 12C? Edit: added picture of said Indys.

Attachments

• 1ACE4022-4991-48F1-86F5-1121E8A7A07B.jpeg
    1ACE4022-4991-48F1-86F5-1121E8A7A07B.jpeg
    291.7 KB · Views: 22

branpureza

Reaction score
Hey Alden-ites,
Would really appreciate some trubalance sizing advice - brannock 12c/d, but lower volume w skinny ankles. My Grant Stones are 12d but the boots have a ton of volume (although my most comfortable size)

have tried 11d and 11.5d Indy boots, and the 11.5s fit better but still voluptuous (lacings pretty much touching, esp at the top), but the length was OK. TSM recommended I try an 11.5c; would you all recommend the same? Or maybe a 12C? Edit: added picture of said Indys.

I'm a 10.5C on Brannock with low volume and skinny ankles as well and I wear a 9.5D on Trubalance. A 10C would work for me as well. If you need the length of an 11.5 I would go with the 11.5C as suggested. I think a 12C would be a little too big all around for you.

That CXL will stretch pretty good as well.

stormboy202

Reaction score
I'm a 10.5C on Brannock with low volume and skinny ankles as well and I wear a 9.5D on Trubalance. A 10C would work for me as well. If you need the length of an 11.5 I would go with the 11.5C as suggested. I think a 12C would be a little too big all around for you.

That CXL will stretch pretty good as well.
Awesome, thanks for the help! Trubalance does feel really good - definitely gonna try this.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started the day in Alfred Sargent chukkas, but boy, the dainite wore out my back. I swapped them out for Alden Whiskey boots for the evening. The pic felt more film noir when I took it than what it looks like now.

IMG_7388.jpeg
IMG_7389.jpeg

I am going to convert my chukkas to a different sole. I'm looking for something forgiving. Was thinking about double leather, but also considering traditional English crepe soles with a leather midsole. Any suggestions?

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Started the day in Alfred Sargent chukkas, but boy, the dainite wore out my back. I swapped them out for Alden Whiskey boots for the evening. The pic felt more film noir when I took it than what it looks like now.

View attachment 1706174 View attachment 1706175

I am going to convert my chukkas to a different sole. I'm looking for something forgiving. Was thinking about double leather, but also considering traditional English crepe soles with a leather midsole. Any suggestions?
Can't go wrong with leather, both suit the boots well but leather will last longer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads