• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcdx22

Reaction score
I kind of like those, who's makeup?
I think it says Brick + Mortar on the heel pad. Are they Indy shoes?
Perhaps, if I had looked closer at the photo, I would have seen that :)
thanks for pointing it out!

Yeah Indy shoes from B+M. Wasn't a big fan of Indy shoes but the combination of RTC + brass + red wedge had me intrigued and I really love how they turned out.

Where are the whiskey captoes from? The earlier posters look great although feels more like Natural? Also these look great, nice shoe!

They're from the Alden factory store in DC.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Saturday. Alden Choco Suede Tankers.

0135C06A-1824-4882-A63E-1D0B93F318AB.jpeg

F5FA9247-0FCA-4742-A90A-A75109214245.jpeg

732C49F2-0BCF-41DD-B65F-72C3400717FB.jpeg

2356C7F7-9FFE-4751-88DE-47140E0136A6.jpeg

-Mike

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A pre-father's day get together, combined with a grandson's birthday party, are occasions for vintage footwear. Easy to reach for my current favorites in that department. I did the dye work on the uppers and Wyatt and Dad did the welt stitching and JR resole.

IMG_0455.jpg

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I alway like it when you post these Mike! Really unique and beautiful.. Enjoy the family..

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So, got a text message on my phone saying that "Your Illinois unemployment benefits are on hold, waiting verification of information". Of course, I'm retired, so have no unemployment benefits to verify. They were kind enough to give me a hyperlink to click on to "verify" info. Reverse phone lookup showed the number registered to someone in AK, and a who-is lookup on the URL couldn't identify it. WTF is wrong with people??? If they used their talents for good, the world, as a whole, would be as nice as it is here. Rant over.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure where to post this but they are Aldens, so what the heck. I've dyed many shoes though most were well before I dove into this expensive shoe rabbit hole. But even with all my experience I can only recall one attempt at suede and it didn't turn out well. As such, hard to believe I'm going to chance it with my twice-worn loafer splits. I love the style of these grant-lasted beauties and still regret selling my C8's. Problem is I never reach for them. I think I would if they were darker. I've actually been thinking about this for a while (almost sold them but got cold feet). Then @mdubs Posted those chocolate splits and that sealed it for me. Dark dye has been secured and going to go for it tomorrow. As with painting, the key is taping and these are ready........

20210619_171215.jpg
20210619_171233.jpg

Will check back in a few days with the results. Fingers crossed!

Last edited:

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Is anyone aware of an exhaustive accounting of Alden soles? Thinking about having some swapped out my Fullstraps and contemplating something different. Flex possibly but am wondering about others beyond single, double, commando. Links are greatly appreciated.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little shoe maintenance to start the day. Decided to try something different as a couple of folks I follow on IG swear by something called Pure Polish. Not bad. Has a strangely appealing fragrance.

20210620_075007.jpg
20210620_075017.jpg

The heavy lifting occurs later......

20210620_075119.jpg

These are the BB variant with the piping on the heel. They crystallize why I need to stop buying shoes. These things are beautiful and so versatile. Yet I can't recall the last time I wore them. Oh well, nice problem to have.

Happy Father's day gents. Enjoy your day!

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little shoe maintenance to start the day. Decided to try something different as a couple of folks I follow on IG swear by something called Pure Polish. Not bad. Has a strangely appealing fragrance.

View attachment 1627623 View attachment 1627624

The heavy lifting occurs later......

View attachment 1627625

These are the BB variant with the piping on the heel. They crystallize why I need to stop buying shoes. These things are beautiful and so versatile. Yet I can't recall the last time I wore them. Oh well, nice problem to have.

Happy Father's day gents. Enjoy your day!
I really like those nst loafers Shawn and was surprised to read you hadn't worn them much! I recently asked AOM to add me to their waiting list for one of those loafers, any color or material!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads