• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No wingtips today. Whiskey on a Wednesday.

View attachment 1566504

I've got 3 or 4 mistakes on my end. Items either prematurely sold or passed on. This is......easily my biggest regret. Sold them about 3 years ago as back then, they felt to dressy for my casual style of dress. I can only imagine how good they would look after years of wear. Every time these are posted it brings both enjoyment to look at but a tinge of what might have been.......

Last edited:

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday. Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan Wingtip Bluchers.

Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan WT Blucher - 2021-03-03 - 1.jpg

Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan WT Blucher - 2021-03-03 - 4.jpg

Alden Cigar Shell Cordovan WT Blucher - 2021-03-03 - 6.jpg

-Mike

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Gentlemen, a recent addition from Style by Blaine, a tremendous Ravello Boot with tremendous Brass flair.

View attachment 1566665

View attachment 1566666

View attachment 1566667

View attachment 1566670

View attachment 1566672

Details and pictures are below...

Along with their Brassvello Boot bretheren.

View attachment 1566673

-Mike

I love them all but will no longer worry when my wife says my 4 brown shoes look alike.

stook1

Master Builder
Reaction score
Hey guys, seeking some style guidance. I've never owned a pair of a tassel loafers, yet I am debating a pair of natural or whiskey shell tassel loafers. I know Alden has done some whiskey tassel loafers, c&j has the cavendish, there have been some runs of the ae grayson in natural shell a while ago....

Is this a versatile shoe? Can it be worn casually? Trying to expand my comfort zone a bit but also trying not to make a big purchase that I will never use.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey guys, seeking some style guidance. I've never owned a pair of a tassel loafers, yet I am debating a pair of natural or whiskey shell tassel loafers. I know Alden has done some whiskey tassel loafers, c&j has the cavendish, there have been some runs of the ae grayson in natural shell a while ago....

Is this a versatile shoe? Can it be worn casually? Trying to expand my comfort zone a bit but also trying not to make a big purchase that I will never use.
Tassel loafers may be worn casually.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Tassel loafers may be worn casually.

That is a statement based on a very generic definition of the term casual.

I personally would not wear a tassel loafer, no matter the color or material, with jeans or chinos so IMHO a tassel loafer is a less formal shoe but not necessarily one I would wear with a casual outfit. I would wear a tassel loafer with a sportscoat and wool trousers (or maybe a suit if I was an attorney or physician). On the other hand, a loafer without tassels (except for black) can be worn with almost anything except a suit.

And last, while I might like a whiskey shell tassel loafer for summer smart casual (sportscoat and trousers but no tie) outfits, I am not sure how I would ever use a natural shell tassel loafer because to me the casualness of natural shell does not belong with a more formal shoe such as a tassel loafer.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That is a statement based on a very generic definition of the term casual.

I personally would not wear a tassel loafer, no matter the color or material, with jeans or chinos so IMHO a tassel loafer is a less formal shoe but not necessarily one I would wear with a casual outfit. I would wear a tassel loafer with a sportscoat and wool trousers (or maybe a suit if I was an attorney or physician). On the other hand, a loafer without tassels (except for black) can be worn with almost anything except a suit.

And last, while I would like a whiskey shell tassel loafer for summer smart casual (sportscoat and trousers but no tie) outfits, I am not sure how I would ever use a natural shell tassel loafer because to me the casualness of natural shell does not belong with a more formal shoe such as a tassel loafer.
And, I WOULD wear a tassel loafer with jeans and/or chinos. But I'm old, and can get away with it. I agree, they do look best when worn with a wool trouser/sport coat ensemble, but I don't wear those any more, and have lot of tassel loafers. It depends on the tassel loafer as to clothing pairing.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
And, I WOULD wear a tassel loafer with jeans and/or chinos. But I'm old, and can get away with it. I agree, they do look best when worn with a wool trouser/sport coat ensemble, but I don't wear those any more, and have lot of tassel loafers.

My father is much much older than you and a physician who grew up and spent his entire life in NYC but even he will not wear his tassel loafers (really his only style of dress shoes except 1 pair of black oxfords) with anything other than a suit or sportscoat and wool trousers (sometimes when in the hospital the sportscoat gets replaced with his white lab coat).

For @stook1, this is a really great casual loafer: "Rancourt Natural Shell Cordovan Beef Roll Loafers" posted by @mdubs some tome ago. This would be a killer casual loafer to wear with almost anything except a suit.
1614807034161.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads