• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dme2406

Reaction score
View attachment 1711852

Here is to my Dad who passed away last night at 93. He loved this photo and recently passed on the hat to me, which had belonged to his father. He missed his wife of 64 years terribly. I will be grateful to see 2021 end. I have lost my mother, father and oldest son in the last 4 months. This **** has got to let up soon.

View attachment 1711855
Devastating. So sorry for your losses.

Hisheirness23

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1711852

Here is to my Dad who passed away last night at 93. He loved this photo and recently passed on the hat to me, which had belonged to his father. He missed his wife of 64 years terribly. I will be grateful to see 2021 end. I have lost my mother, father and oldest son in the last 4 months. This **** has got to let up soon.

View attachment 1711855
Wish there was something I could say that could make things easier, but my deepest condolences to you and your family. It's a lovely pic of your old man. While my family doesn't have any heirlooms, I know you will honor both your father and grandfather by wearing that hat that meant so much to both!

DG123

Reaction score
View attachment 1711852

View attachment 1711855
Great photo ! My condolences for the family members you have lost.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tanks are so massive… also any deets on your rugby shirt??

Yes! HUGE!

Love, love, love rugby shirts. Ever since I found them, they have become my cold weather staple (uniform). My father loves rugbies and I have taken that page from his book.

They are ColumbiaKnit in Oregon. 100% made in USA! I have them custom cut extra sleeve length for me since my arms are too long for standard sizing.

Wore these today for a few moments. I also wore these on 5 consecutive days in early November when I drove from California to Tennessee. I could only take one pair with me because every inch of space in our car was important. I guess this means I value this pair as much or more than any in my collection.

View attachment 1711507

Nice makeup, I really like those. What last?

View attachment 1711852

View attachment 1711855

I am so sorry about your family. My deepest condolences; I will say a prayer for your healing and family. I had no idea about your son or mother earlier this year. :(

Very nice looking man and a beautiful hat. I know you'll wear it well when the time comes. They may be gone, but they are not forgotten! He will be enjoying eternal rest with his wife.

It may be difficult, but let the holiday spirit and Christmas brighten your day. Here's to a new year with fresh beginnings and happy memories.

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1711852

View attachment 1711855

That is a tragic year. Things will get better, but right now you are undoubtedly feeling awful. I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in our prayers.

Ancestral Star

Reaction score
Sending my best to Doc in these times.

EEA7899F-140F-45F4-88CB-A23EA1D18A25.jpeg

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1711852

View attachment 1711855
That’s rough. Condolences on your losses.

BAK

Reaction score
Sorry, I should have written "from a fit perspective". While the majority of Alden consumers and dealers seem to find that leather type does not influence fit my observation is different. For example, given the same upper pattern and last, from firm-to-loose fit my pairs listed in that order are suede, legacy calf, kudu, and cxl. So for their nubuck if Alden is using calf I guess the fit characteristics will be the same-similar to calf.
There's a lot of truth/good advice to what @JSO1 said, but if going by your listed experience I would put the Nubuck somewhere in the calf or suede family. But that's a best guess based on the leather - I don't have personal experience wearing Nubuck.

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks -- Modified last. TSM is the only place that has them, although only a few pair are left.

You're welcome. I was thinking it was Modified due to the toe and 270 welt.

One of my favorite Alden lasts!

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks to all who have commented and reached out about my father. It does help.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
View attachment 1711852

View attachment 1711855
So very sorry :( Our deepest condolences.

DG123

Reaction score
There's a lot of truth/good advice to what @JSO1 said, but if going by your listed experience I would put the Nubuck somewhere in the calf or suede family. But that's a best guess based on the leather - I don't have personal experience wearing Nubuck.

Yes, if Alden's tan nubuck is regular type calf (not CXL) then I expect the B&M's Indy make up will be an ok fit for me. When placing the order for my size today I asked the store owner and she believed the nubuck will be similar in fit to Alden's calf or suede upper shoes/boots, but this make up is the first time she has specified that particular leather, so she did not know for sure. Thank you again for providing the links to the current make up options which met my criteria. I appreciate your kindness and help.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads