• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Savvy's back! Photo from last week at a checkup.

Baby savvy was born 9/16, a beautiful little girl. Our birthdays are a day apart, what a blessing. It was a surprise for us and our first! She had us convinced she was a boy and then out came a girl!

Fatherhood has been pretty neat so far

View attachment 1677319 View attachment 1677320 View attachment 1677321
Fatherhood is one of the greatest gifts there are, it is our destiny to reproduce the species, and wearing great boots is a perk. Enjoy being a dad!

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fatherhood is one of the greatest gifts there are, it is our destiny to reproduce the species, and wearing great boots is a perk. Enjoy being a dad!

Thank you very much! I am excited to teach her and be a good father like my father was/has been to me.

So many joys in life. Pregnancy was hard because I didn't change at all (like women do), and now all of a sudden there are 3 of us instead of just the Mrs. and I :)

serbarristan

Reaction score
Wingtip Wednesday for a solo date with a paella. I won.
DA6666B5-F206-448B-B676-551B219A0BF0.jpeg

7AE15FC0-2F7C-42D4-94F3-ACCD5E254886.jpeg

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

lcdx22

Reaction score

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey pals. Anyone have any Arabica Lux in hand? Does it behave like chromexcel in terms of appearance, creasing, etc.? Thanks :)

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey pals. Anyone have any Arabica Lux in hand? Does it behave like chromexcel in terms of appearance, creasing, etc.? Thanks :)
have a pair of Arabica Lux boots, seems to me a lot like CXL but without the loose grain that CXL can do..very nice leather, wouldn't hesitate to purchase other boots in it.

BAK

Reaction score
I'd say they're similar in that they're both nice thick cuts of rugged cowhide, however that's where the similarities end. The appearance of Lux has many more complexities than CXL. Whereas CXL generally has an even flat appearance most of the time, Lux looks very different depending on lighting and angle - it's a chameleon. In a good way. It has a much more sugary finish on the top surface, so it gives off an almost crackly shimmer in bright light. Very dark brown but with golden undertones. In lower light it looks more even and flat. It's a very casual leather which I'm looking forward to just letting it get beat to hell - I think that's when its real beauty will be revealed - kind of like a leather jacket looks better the older it gets.
Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 9.35.23 PM.png

IMG_8528.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-09-30 at 9.34.33 PM.png

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I'd say they're similar in that they're both nice thick cuts of rugged cowhide, however that's where the similarities end. The appearance of Lux has many more complexities than CXL. Whereas CXL generally has an even flat appearance most of the time, Lux looks very different depending on lighting and angle - it's a chameleon. In a good way. It has a much more sugary finish on the top surface, so it gives off an almost crackly shimmer in bright light. Very dark brown but with golden undertones. In lower light it looks more even and flat. It's a very casual leather which I'm looking forward to just letting it get beat to hell - I think that's when its real beauty will be revealed - kind of like a leather jacket looks better the older it gets.
+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads