• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FatTuesday

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Late afternoon switcheroo to calf LHS

20210719_170253.jpg

lcdx22

Reaction score
Is anyone familiar if there is a retailer who stocks a makeup with:
1) Plaza last
2) Black shell cordovan
3) Some sort of cap toe or broguing (hopefully WTB?)
4) in a shoe?

You didn't specify if blucher or Oxford.

But if latter Alden DC has these...first pair is Black Shell.

image1.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Norwegian toe Tuesday forum pals. Yeah, that is a thing because I just made it up. I live in my own little world and there is nobody to talk sense to me.

IMG_0556.jpg

Leisurely Loafing

Reaction score
After some back and forth with Alden, it seems like what some retailers refer to as "humus suede" is the same thing as "dark brown suede." WJ and Co has a Humus suede LHS ref A9202F and a stock Dark Brown suede LHS ref 6245F, and Alden says they are the same color suede just with different edge dressing.

I still find this hard to believe because Brogue's new humus LHS (and all other humus suedes I've seen) appear to be lighter than the 6245F's they sell. But that's the word straight from the horse's mouth.

Does anyone have a pair of humus suede and dark brown suede they can compare? I have some (what I thought were) dark brown suede pairs and a pair of chocolate suede LHS but nothing in "humus."

Last edited:

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
After some back and forth with Alden, it seems like what some retailers refer to as "humus suede" is the same thing as "dark brown suede." WJ and Co has a Humus suede LHS ref A9202F and a stock Dark Brown suede LHS ref 6245F, and Alden says they are the same color suede just with different edge dressing.

I still find this hard to believe because Brogue's new humus LHS (and all other humus suedes I've seen) appear to be lighter than the 6245F's they sell. But that's the word straight from the horse's mouth.

Does anyone have a pair of humus suede and dark brown suede they can compare? I have some (what I thought were) dark brown suede pairs and a pair of chocolate suede LHS but nothing in "humus."
I would be @BAK could weigh in

barutanseijin

Reaction score

I just saw some humus suede Aldens at Moulded Shoe the other day. Humus suede is a bit greenish to my eye. Dark brown suede is just brown.

Leisurely Loafing

Reaction score
I just saw some humus suede Aldens at Moulded Shoe the other day. Humus suede is a bit greenish to my eye. Dark brown suede is just brown.
In pictures online humus looks to lean a bit more tan/snuff to my eyes than what I see in my dark brown suede pairs and loden leans more green.

Steve from Gentlemen's Footwear described humus and loden as "Hummus suede is medium brown suede without any tint of green / loden. Loden suede may seem bit brown under certain light but they have green / loden tint to it under natural light."

I like my 6245Fs but wish they had a contrast stitch to pair better with denim - Brogue's new "humus" lhs has the contrast stitch but I'm not sure it's worth it if it's the same color as my 6245Fs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads