• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Alden Thread for 2021 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As LA Guy has said many times, the forum is like a bar. We have a fairly high tolerance for "colorful" behavior, but if someone pisses off a large portion of the community, as well as the mods, they can get kicked out. Since several people reported NYCTechNerd's recent posts and he's been TO'd before for similar behavior, we've given him another month off and banned him from this thread for good.
:worship2:

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ll post the model number in a few ticks.
No hurry, and not worth taking them off to look at the model number....On another note, and I'll throw this out to the entire thread, has anyone who deals with TSM seconds, ever received a pair that made them say "OH H*LL no, I won't accept them". Personally, I have quite a few pair of Alden seconds, and have yet to receive a pair that I have to send back. Some are not as nice as I'd like, but they are seconds after all.

marinemustang

Reaction score
No hurry, and not worth taking them off to look at the model number....On another note, and I'll throw this out to the entire thread, has anyone who deals with TSM seconds, ever received a pair that made them say "OH H*LL no, I won't accept them". Personally, I have quite a few pair of Alden seconds, and have yet to receive a pair that I have to send back. Some are not as nice as I'd like, but they are seconds after all.
I was looking at the Seconds this afternoon....considering it

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the Seconds this afternoon....considering it
I’ve had these for a few years.
80FC4812-A3FB-476D-A542-B4D2D77B4C25.jpeg

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never. I have gotten firsts that I thought should have been seconds but not once have I been disappointed with a pair of seconds.

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I have received the same pair of seconds that I returned to both Brogue and TSM. It was a pair of saddle shoes, with a badly ripped tongue. Only me… Lol!

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had a few seconds that I didn’t keep, but only rare shell (which they charge full price for). Usually they’ve had really bad dye issues or a cut in a bad place. For non shell seconds I’ve had great luck.

For example, I just got a pair of the anatomica unlined snuff suede plain toe boots with the gusset contrast calf tongue and the flaw is a missed stitch which was later repaired on the heel near the ankle, which I’ll never see when wearing.

79944AF8-731E-4DB4-8B5E-F0A9C7DC1519.jpeg

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How often do you get a haircut?

• Every 2 weeks

• Every 3 weeks

• Once a month

• Every 6 weeks or longer

Results are only viewable after voting.