• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcdx22

Reaction score
Unlined Snuff suede feels like it was made for summer Sundays.

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200809092030777_COVER.jpg

dench127

Reaction score
I'm usually a side adjusters guy, but some of my more casual pants don't have them. Anyone have belt recommendations?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm usually a side adjusters guy, but some of my more casual pants don't have them. Anyone have belt recommendations?

For casual pants and shorts I like Equus. You can get custom length and belt holes. I have two West End Bridle leather belts, one in Australian Nut and another in black. Probably should gotten dark Havana or midnight blue instead of black. I haven't had a lot of opportunities to wear a black belt casually. I mostly wear #8 cordovan, dark brown, green or tan suede shoes casually. Even my sneakers are natural horse GATs and navy steer tennis shoes from Epaulet.

LThomsen

Reaction score
Any recommendations on how often shell cordovan should be conditioned and polished with cordovan cream polish or Aldens cordovan wax polish?

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations on how often shell cordovan should be conditioned and polished with cordovan cream polish or Aldens cordovan wax polish?
Seldom and sparingly; I tend to condition mine every dozen wears or so (which usually works out to about yearly), and never use wax polish on them; only cordovan cream and then only when they need it.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Seldom and sparingly; I tend to condition mine every dozen wears or so (which usually works out to about yearly), and never use wax polish on them; only cordovan cream and then only when they need it.
Dead on point here, just brush, brush, brush an cream about once a year.

woofmang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden sells a cordovan wax polish I believe. What are peoples experience with it?
I never use wax polish on shell; I only use the Alden cordovan wax on "cordovan"-colored calf, and it works great there (although I now much prefer Pure Polish for wax polishes).

If you want the best cordovan care advice, though, check out this article by Nick Horween:

or consult the shell care "bible":

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I never use wax polish on shell; I only use the Alden cordovan wax on "cordovan"-colored calf, and it works great there (although I now much prefer Pure Polish for wax polishes).

If you want the best cordovan care advice, though, check out this article by Nick Horween:

or consult the shell care "bible":

Good ole' VSC says Nick, and he should know.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those shoes and jeans look great.
What brand jeans are you wearing?
Thank you. The denim is Naked and Famous Kaiju Monster Selvedge. It's a 16.5 oz really interesting fabric.

Bonus: This model comes with a shell cordovan leather belt patch. TateAndYoko restocked these recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads