• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

THE OFFICIAL ALDEN THREAD FOR 2020 - SHARE REVIEWS, SIZING, ADVICE, AND PHOTOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

James1051

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hottest day of the year (here), so
Boot Day!
CB7F77A9-D1B5-40CA-85ED-C807A0ACB4C1.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well, the first cicada's of the year are out in full, noisy splendor tonight. The old wives tale is it's 6 weeks until the first frost from when you hear the first cicada of the year. 2020 has been odd so far, so why not have frost in the middle of August in Illinois...... Good thing the boots are always in rotation
IMG_3315.jpeg

lcdx22

Reaction score
Only thing I don't love about Summer are the days where wearing long pants and boots simply isn't an option. For that reason, the unlined LHS definitely makes my list of Summer essentials.

View attachment 1417627

It really is essential. I feel like I need more unlined suede LHS in other colors. Since I got the snuff pair a few weeks back, I've been wearing them almost daily. Just so versatile. Goes with everything.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow Dog, you guys were as hot as here today.. stay cool bro.. nice LHSes btw.. I might have to bag a pair of those Natty LHSes.. any weather loafer.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow Dog, you guys were as hot as here today.. stay cool bro.. nice LHSes btw.. I might have to bag a pair of those Natty LHSes.. any weather loafer.
In all honesty, the thermometer gets full afternoon sun, so reads about 10 degrees warmer than the actual air temp, but it's still freakin' hot here.

newbiealden

Reaction score
Time to get a resole done - is it true that the shoe mart will now resole Aldens to a true Alden commando sole??? Read is on the blog last year - wondering and hoping it is true. Would really give new and long life to a pair of boots I have...

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Time to get a resole done - is it true that the shoe mart will now resole Aldens to a true Alden commando sole??? Read is on the blog last year - wondering and hoping it is true. Would really give new and long life to a pair of boots I have...
Two very good places to use:

AH One Shoes

Bedo's Leatherworks

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy 244th birthday to the US of A and there is no better way to say it than with a nice pair of MiUSA shoes. Stay safe out there.

IMG_8970.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads