• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks! The darker shade of AE brown I would think would cover most imperfections. I just wish Alden would offer it, but they're already so busy and Horween outputs so much #8 and black it might be hard to squeeze in.
Alden is more about you buying what they offer that you like rather than trying to make everyone happy. Is what it is. I buy what I like from them and what they don't offer I want from someone who does. :D

sterlingindigo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore these to work today. Will probably get changed out.
381EC002-0A4B-41A7-B736-59B6E594FB1B.jpeg

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alden is more about you buying what they offer that you like rather than trying to make everyone happy. Is what it is. I buy what I like from them and what they don't offer I want from someone who does. :D
Not sure I agree. They used to hate antique edge with color 8 (they literally refused to do it with certain models). Now they’re doing that combo with just about every model they make.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey Shell Unlined except the tongue and strap.. odd duck Harvard. They wear great! A good grab as C&J discounted the Unlined Whiskey Harvard.

Chip gettin fancy with the spoiler. Just bustin you a little as you should bever spoiler shoes as nice as these!

American_Psycho11

Reaction score
Is Alden just really bad at clicking CXL or is a cost thing where they just use as much of the hide as possible, even the parts not worth using? There are so many pics of the Indys in CXL out there, especially the 403, with really bad loose grain and bad creasing.
Everything else they touch seems to turn to gold but when it comes to CXL you almost should be expecting it from Alden

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is Alden just really bad at clicking CXL or is a cost thing where they just use as much of the hide as possible, even the parts not worth using? There are so many pics of the Indys in CXL out there, especially the 403, with really bad loose grain and bad creasing.
Everything else they touch seems to turn to gold but when it comes to CXL you almost should be expecting it from Alden
I have had the opposite experience with their CXL (own 6-7 pairs of Alden CXL boots).

savvysartorial

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I constantly forget that they can be the soup Nazi.... Need to check out Carmina for my other insane cravings.

Wore these to work today. Will probably get changed out.
View attachment 1245081

Absolutely gorgeous looking!

Whiskey Shell Unlined except the tongue and strap.. odd duck Harvard. They wear great! A good grab as C&J discounted the Unlined Whiskey Harvard.

Mmmm those are nice! Is whiskey difficult to get from C&J?

Not sure I agree. They used to hate antique edge with color 8 (they literally refused to do it with certain models). Now they’re doing that combo with just about every model they make.

I like antique on some models, but now I feel it's almost become a joke with regard to how often they pair it.

Maybe they're just extremely slow to change, as that seems to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads