• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob21

Reaction score
Thanks Liz. I'm looking for a dark gray vs a "light black" if that makes sense.

It appears there a slight color variations between pairs

I have Earth Chamois A/T Indy's from AoC. I waited a long while before doing any kind of maintenance. Up until then, I thought they looked more grey or even a very dark green in some light.

I've been using them as a winter boot with great success - totally waterproof, very good grip. However, now that I wipe them down regularly I'd definitely call them a black boot.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have Earth Chamois A/T Indy's from AoC. I waited a long while before doing any kind of maintenance. Up until then, I thought they looked more grey or even a very dark green in some light.

I've been using them as a winter boot with great success - totally waterproof, very good grip. However, now that I wipe them down regularly I'd definitely call them a black boot.
A great winter boot, mine are a light shade of black, bordering on grey, even my wife says so, and women can't be colorblind - it's impossible.

mr.invincible

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, guys!

so, i turned a DSW square toe friend to the dark side. :-D
got him into alden madison for some kingwings.
they actually had some on sale... 30% off shell lwb double waterlock WITH eyelets.
so he bought those. PSA.. they have more of those on sale!
they also had some George boots in #8 in my size for 30% off.
do i NEED those?

What else was on sale? I might have to pick up my third pair!

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wore my cordovan color 8s in a light rain and i notice some water spots/marks. is there way to to get rid of them? for future reference, is it ok to wear shells in the rain?
Good question,
Expect conflicting responses.
IMO,
Some shell water marks can be brushed out, while others will be permanent.
I like alpine grain on commando for the rain. I wear shell on dry days. Easy to do in San Diego.

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Apparently, i did, in fact, need them

20190208_145134-1209x1612.jpg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I wore my cordovan color 8s in a light rain and i notice some water spots/marks. is there way to to get rid of them? for future reference, is it ok to wear shells in the rain?

There is a great discussion of this on vcleat.com. Please go check it and the other posts out. Link. The site is run by @davidVC

johnnymiz

Reaction score
Thanks for the tips, guys!

What else was on sale? I might have to pick up my third pair!

I didnt really pay attention because the only thing in my size was the George boot and i went in to buy it.
I do think he had the 8 george in 9.5e
He also had a few color 8 longwings with black edges and eyelets and leather soles in 10e (my buddy's size)
I saw some suede saddles.
They have a bunch 30% off....final sale. None of the sale stuff is on their webpage. You gotta call... and you should call if your interested.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And Alden Madison...nice guys, good experience....i would buy there again
Have only dealt with them once, over the phone and I got the same impression, they seemed to want to help me get the boot I wanted and took the time to make sure I knew what I was getting and making sure I was confident of sizing. I'm sure that is because they hadn't dealt with me and I'm in Illinois and they are not. Overall, would deal with them again without hesitation. But then again, I have never had a negative experience with any Alden retailer I have dealt with, unlike some stores from another American Shoe company, headquartered in the state to the north of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads