• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2019 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shawnc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chillin before heading to the bus stop in my AoM grant-lasted splits (mod by Aram).........

20190719_054201.jpg

Happy Friday gents!

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How do you like the chukka?
Very good question. My one gripe is the tongue is so short haha. Everything else about Alden chukkas I love. Plus this one is the infamous natty cxl

Joe Schmoe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 EEE in Truebalance here. EE width is roomy enough in the toe box, but a high-volume instep requires the jump to EEE. I take a 7.5 EEE in all Allen-Edmonds models. Does anyone think an Alden 7.5 2E in the Plaza last is a possibility? Alden of Carmel has some awesome two-tone saddle shoes in the Plaza last. Thank you in advance for your help.

Vocans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
7 EEE in Truebalance here. EE width is roomy enough in the toe box, but a high-volume instep requires the jump to EEE. I take a 7.5 EEE in all Allen-Edmonds models. Does anyone think an Alden 7.5 2E in the Plaza last is a possibility? Alden of Carmel has some awesome two-tone saddle shoes in the Plaza last. Thank you in advance for your help.

Hard to say with any certainty but I think there's a decent chance it may work out. As generous as Trubalance is, it's not particularly friendly to a high instep in my experience and I've had good luck with Plaza in that regard.

DocWatson

Reaction score
This is the result of golfing 3 days straight in 115 degree weather. Also, I need tassels in my life...

View attachment 1208930

Not sure what size you are, but Gentlemen's Footwear has a few pairs of floor model tassels for an absolute steal. I got my black shell tassels from their last pair section and they were super clean and almost half off the usual price.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I take 11EE in TB and 11.5EE in Plaza, and I feel they have similar enough width for that to work. What I don't have is high instep, so I can't comment on how well that will work for you. I know @smfdoc can't do Plaza, but he's a true EEE with high instep.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
How do you like the chukka?

I have the Indy chukka in suede and it is a very comfortable boot. Gives most of the visual esthetics of a taller boot and total feel of a shoe. YMMV.

schweezly

Reaction score
Very good question. My one gripe is the tongue is so short haha. Everything else about Alden chukkas I love. Plus this one is the infamous natty cxl
I have the Indy chukka in suede and it is a very comfortable boot. Gives most of the visual esthetics of a taller boot and total feel of a shoe. YMMV.

View attachment 1209182

Thanks guys. I’ve been thinking about a pair, TSM has some seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads