• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I don't understand that at all. I'm a dead 12D in anything considered TTS, and while I can wear my shell Indy's without an insole, they're eons more comfortable with the insole to absorb volume created by the length of a TTS 12D. My 11.5D (CXL) Indys are the definition of comfortable. I'm a bit on the wide side and have a high-ish arch and volume, but it isn't something that has ever moved me from my 12D Brannock in TTS lasts like AE 511 and 97, Florsheim, J&M's Aristocraft, Alden Hampton and Plaza, etc). I get that TB isn't as long as Barrie, but the width and volume trade against that to pull most everyone to 1/2 down I'd think. I know they've sold more Alden than anyone, but my experience and the sizing guidance from everyone else (and it seems like Alden themselves?) would say 1/2 down would be right for just about everyone.
I Brannock at a 9.5D, but wear Indy's at 9D and there is still room for my orthotics without the boot binding. Heck, I can even do a 8.5 without the orthotics and have no issue with comfort. But then again Podiatrist says I have "odd feet", but what does he know, he wears J&M.

magneto78

Reaction score
I don't understand that at all. I'm a dead 12D in anything considered TTS, and while I can wear my shell Indy's without an insole, they're eons more comfortable with the insole to absorb volume created by the length of a TTS 12D. My 11.5D (CXL) Indys are the definition of comfortable. I'm a bit on the wide side and have a high-ish arch and volume, but it isn't something that has ever moved me from my 12D Brannock in TTS lasts like AE 511 and 97, Florsheim, J&M's Aristocraft, Alden Hampton and Plaza, etc). I get that TB isn't as long as Barrie, but the width and volume trade against that to pull most everyone to 1/2 down I'd think. I know they've sold more Alden than anyone, but my experience and the sizing guidance from everyone else (and it seems like Alden themselves?) would say 1/2 down would be right for just about everyone.
I was at TSM 2 weeks ago and they sized me down a half size in the Cordovan PTB and the wingtip though I’m not sure about the last. Oddly though in boots my size remained the same.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Ravello
m56qakOomgbJLMHuOE4SuQDZ56gutI2FS2uG2rBvRM8pX92IB.jpg

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I agree that it's odd that they're the only ones to recommend it. I easily agree for most going down a half is their best bet.

That being said, I'm tempted to try TTS. Going up a width to give my pinky toe more room but would give me too much volume. Pushing the taper a bit further forward with an upsize in length seems like possibly better solution.

Bob21

Reaction score
Assuming your chukkas are suede, I only do it a couple times a year max - suede isn't really afraid of water.

Chamois requires no initial treatment at all - just wear and enojoy. I have a pair of smooth chamois LWB's and wound up exchanging messages with Nick Horween. His recommendation was to wait a really long time, and only then applying an extremely small amount of neatsfoot oil. He emphasized a minuscule amount. :) If it's the roughout, I'm not sure how you'd apply the neatsfoot (maybe a small mister?) but I got the feeling that no treatment wasn't necessarily a bad thing unless you'd really been beating on them for a long time...

Thanks for the response! Yes, the chukkas are suede. I should've specified. That's informative and, coming from Nick Horween, seems very reassuring that the chamois will make an excellent bad weather shoe.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Yes, the chukkas are suede. I should've specified. That's informative and, coming from Nick Horween, seems very reassuring that the chamois will make an excellent bad weather shoe.
Yup - it's why I own a pair :)

bik2101

Reaction score
I feel like shell Runs a little bit loose. It has something to do with the drying process on the last

shell does run a little looser because they cannot pull it as tightly on the last during construction. Shell can tear and they ease up on the tension during lasting to avoid damage.

damn.. wish these were posted a few weeks ago. would have been good info to know.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry please bear with me here. I’m sure many of you have had similar experiences. So for the past 48 hours, I will periodically remove my whiskey LWBs from the box, behold them and then usually, at a loss for words, utter some expletive.

Also in my inspection, I have found this.
62740E87-6D4D-4001-ACE8-4622EE7D43D7.jpeg

What do you think is the cause of this?

Also if I were to nit pick, I would choose this.
09A8B757-CAB3-4ADA-8B69-09BEF7505497.jpeg

To me it looks like some finish is applied after the shoe is constructed and it is unevenly applied in places.

Also somebody got just a bit overzealous with the sanding.
0CA849FB-B16E-4E4D-906F-B21E021FA924.jpeg

But really I feel a bit silly mentioning those things. My gut instinct is actually to treat them like birthmarks on one of my precious children... just part of what makes them mine and nobody else’s.

Also I’m finding it somewhat ironic that I had thought that the whiskey was the least preferred of the models that I might have scored from TSM. I think I’d have a more difficult time pairing cigar with what I own than this shade of whiskey. So over the moon still. How long can I expect this elation to last? Hopefully long enough for me to save up another $750 for a pair of 975’s.

smmrfld

Reaction score
Sorry please bear with me here. I’m sure many of you have had similar experiences. So for the past 48 hours, I will periodically remove my whiskey LWBs from the box, behold them and then usually, at a loss for words, utter some expletive.

View attachment 1055726

View attachment 1055725
To me it looks like some finish is applied after the shoe is constructed and it is unevenly applied in places.

View attachment 1055727

But really I feel a bit silly mentioning those things. My gut instinct is actually to treat them like birthmarks on one of my precious children... just part of what makes them mine and nobody else’s.

Also I’m finding it somewhat ironic that I had thought that the whiskey was the least preferred of the models that I might have scored from TSM. I think I’d have a more difficult time pairing cigar with what I own than this shade of whiskey. So over the moon still. How long can I expect this elation to last? Hopefully long enough for me to save up another $750 for a pair of 975’s.
Oy. Just wear the shoes. None of those things matter.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score

View attachment 1055726

View attachment 1055725

View attachment 1055727

Those blemishes aren’t noticeable at all when they’re on your feet, so I suggest that’s where they should go ;)

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those blemishes aren’t noticeable at all when they’re on your feet, so I suggest that’s where they should go ;)
Strangely I almost like the “blemishes.” All I can really see is beauty. Like I said, bear with me. Many of you have very much gotten over the thrill. I’m bathing in it.

Andrew Carkhuff

Reaction score
Strangely I almost like the “blemishes.” All I can really see is beauty. Like I said, bear with me. Many of you have very much gotten over the thrill. I’m bathing in it.

They add character and are part of what makes handcrafted goods so awesome, there will always be some slight variations. But trust me, you got yourself an awesome pair. Absolutely nothing to worry about with those things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads