• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For instance, these are both Alden snuff suede. I love the color in the first pic, and am less enthused about the second one.

618480D6-2719-4578-9859-3D660A1FD3D8.jpeg
7BB51A5D-9443-4F70-A97F-A36E2650A192.jpeg

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well guys, I messed up. I must have left the door open to my bedroom and my puppy got into it. He chewed on my Whiskey LWB's pretty good. What's my best option to get these fixed? Send them back to Alden?

View attachment 910250
View attachment 910251

View attachment 910249

Your only hope to get them wearable again is the factory. They would likely have to completely disassemble the shoe and build it again and I do not know if that is even something they would consider.

zippyh

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
So, am I crazy or does snuff suede seem to change shades like a chameleon? I’ve never owned anything in snuff, but I see all kinds of photos that make it look anywhere from a light golden yellow/brown to a dark muted brown. I much prefer closer to the former than the latter. Have thought about snuff suede Indys from Adam at AoC or snuff suede Tankers from Yenni, but I feel like I can’t get a good handle on real life color.

That’s because Alden snuff varies a lot from batch to batch.
I think the shade you want is more like what C&J call polo suede.

madhat

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Send those munched up whiskeys to Alden with a sob story letter on how much you coveted that shoe, and you will pay what is necessary to fix them.

Who knows, they may have enough whiskey scrap one day in production to fix it.

Honestly, I think there is a good chance it can be done.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well guys, I messed up. I must have left the door open to my bedroom and my puppy got into it. He chewed on my Whiskey LWB's pretty good. What's my best option to get these fixed? Send them back to Alden?

View attachment 910250
View attachment 910251

View attachment 910249
OUCH! Strange as this sounds, you need to severely scold the shoe really get mad at it, just short of violent. Puppy will get the message that getting chewed or chewing is not something to do. Of course this needs to be done while catching dog in act, after the fact is too late for imprint on little doggie mind. Hope Alden can repair them

ReppTiePrepster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OUCH! Strange as this sounds, you need to severely scold the shoe really get mad at it, just short of violent. Puppy will get the message that getting chewed or chewing is not something to do. Of course this needs to be done while catching dog in act, after the fact is too late for imprint on little doggie mind. Hope Alden can repair them
I don’t know... there are some pretty smart dogs. I had a Doberman as a child. My father would’ve put the shredded shoe in front of his face and hold his nose to the shoe and yell NO!! Might even gently slap his snout with a finger or two. My dog would have learned from that.

indianshaft

Reaction score
Wow I want a puppy but all my shoes sit on the floor of my closet I need to buy some shelves first. Good luck with the shoes.

@BackInTheJox I got a pair of snuff Dovers and they are more like the third pic then the second which looks brown to me. It could just be the lighting.

lstearns33

Reaction score
For instance, these are both Alden snuff suede. I love the color in the first pic, and am less enthused about the second one.

View attachment 910252 View attachment 910253
I have the top ones (“Depano” boot from b&m is the pic) and they are not that light orange color that the pic shows although not as dark as the indys shown. Oddly the only place mine look close to the b&m pic is in the elevator of my building.. I learned to love the color in a week though so I say go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads