• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Anyone else needed to go from a 9 E in the Barrie last PTB to a 9.5 D in the Van last for the LHS? Is the extra length going to be a problem?

I size the same way you do and it's worked out for me. 7.5E is my perfect size in the Barrie PTB and 8.0D works great for me for anything in the Van last, including the LHS.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Speaking of Unionmade . . . I know I've seen a couple pics posted of the Bartlett Indy boot in Hunting Green suede.  I really like the look, but I'm not entirely sold on its versatility (or whether it even needs to be "versatile").  Anyone who owns them (or just has an opinion on them in general) with some guidance?  Obvious would be a more casual wear for me.

I recently got a hunting green suede NST from Unionmade and I find them quite versatile. I wear them all the time and only with denim. The green suede is such a nice change of pace from all the brown tones in my closet.

larryr

Reaction score
I have these green suede indy's from Unionmade
http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-bartlett-indy-boot-in-hunting-green-suede-d3808h/

The picture is probably darker than how they look in person. These are probably a better rep of the color
http://unionmadegoods.com/product/alden-sutter-tassel-mocc-in-hunting-green-suede-d3101f/

I find them very versatile, work well with blue, black, grey, brown. The green isn't bright or obnoxious, they're a "safe" color. A green for someone who would never consider wearing green shoes, but would feel totally comfortable in them.

Here's a couple of pics -

Better representation of the color

This pic is a little brighter than the true color

Last edited:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Heads up, there is a 20% discount on shoes on Ebay right now by using the discount code C20HELLOSPRING at checkout. Here are the details.

How to redeem your Coupon:
1. Shop for eligible items. (See below for exclusions.)
2. Pay for your item with PayPal by 11:59 PM PST on March 11, 2017
3. Enter the Coupon code in the redemption code field: C20HELLOSPRING

Questions? Visit our step-by-step guide.

Terms & Conditions:
The Coupon is a 20% discount off a minimum purchase of $25, valid until 11:59 PM PST on 3/11/17. The Coupon discount is capped at a maximum value of $50. Discount applies to the purchase price (excluding shipping, handling, and taxes) of an eligible item on eBay.com. Eligible items include items purchased from the Clothing, Shoes and Accessories, Jewelry & Watches, and Health & Beauty categories. Coupon can be used ONCE per PayPal account within a single transaction (or cart), while supplies last. Only registered eBay members paying with a PayPal account registered with an address located in the United States or Canada can receive the discount. Any unused difference between discount amount, as shown on the Coupon, and the purchase price of item(s) in a single transaction (or cart) will be forfeited.

Coupon is subject to U.S laws, void where prohibited, not redeemable for cash, has no face value, and cannot be combined with any other Coupon, or when paying with PayPal Credit Easy Payments or Gift Cards. eBay may cancel, amend, or revoke the Coupon at any time.

Update to this code. Yes, it does work, but I did neglect to read my own fine print. The code only works if you are paying through a Paypal account, as opposed to paying with a credit card. Otherwise, I saved $42 when I bought some vintage #8 shell Florsheim long wings.

Treble

Reaction score
I size the same way you do and it's worked out for me. 7.5E is my perfect size in the Barrie PTB and 8.0D works great for me for anything in the Van last, including the LHS.

Thanks - some reassurance.

I think my 9 E Barrie PTB would be a little loose without laces, for example if they were a LHS. The top eyelet are very close, guess that means my instep isn't high which bodes well for the loafers.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Happy Friday forum pals. Some navy CXL long wings to finish the work week.

Last edited:

Mrfuzon

Reaction score
Hello All new to the forum and new to alden as of today :)

Normally For new calfskin shoes I condition with Reno, Shoe cream and then wax the harder surfaces.

Would that be the same advice for new calfskin aldens? The standard finish from the factory looks really nice and Id hate to tweak it

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Hello All new to the forum and new to alden as of today :)

Normally For new calfskin shoes I condition with Reno, Shoe cream and then wax the harder surfaces.

Would that be the same advice for new calfskin aldens? The standard finish from the factory looks really nice and Id hate to tweak it

Are they regular calf or are they Chromexcel?

swils8610

Reaction score
Looking at the Regina LWB's. Does calf usually wear a little tighter or looser than shell?

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Early Spring here on the Sonoran Desert, elevation 1500 feet unlike the Mohave at sea level. 90 today..

swils8610

Reaction score
Is there a big diff between E and EE width? Recently down sized from 10.5E Barrie Last to 10E Barrie last in shell. Found a pair of brown Regina 10EE and I'm wondering how much wider they will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads