• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Delivery day! These are all ******* amazing, and they fit like a glove. Shipping method left a little bit to be desired, but all came through well enough, other than a few scratches here and there. The official makeups of them are Frans Boone Ravello Plaza Indy, TSM Ravello WTB, Leathersoul #8 Plaza Cap, J Gilbert #8 Plaza WTB. The plazas are 12D, the Barrie is 11.5D. Really, really, really glad I went with this new sizing paradigms (Brannock size for Barrie boots, Brannock +1/2 for Plaza boots). They fit me perfectly and snugly all around. Wearing the Plaza #8 WTBs to kick things off today.

I'm at a loss for words.
drool.gif

ironclad

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You, good sir, are absolutely killing it. I don't care if you are wearing a sweat-soaked, beer-stained, four-sizes-too-small wife beater and a belt with a buckle the size of Australia. From the shins down, you are the paragon of bad-assery.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My favorite boot. Soo comfortable. Trubalance Tanker Double Leather..

Last edited:

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These were part of the ebay trove that Stmaier put up on Thursday. Had these four, plus about 12 other boots, all at retail or less. Some grail level (a pair of lightly used Ravello NST Aberdeen boots, I think) and others just solid makeups. I grabbed the two ravellos that were new, and two of the #8s that were new as well. I'd been looking to go up to these sizes, because I'd been stuck at 10.5E and 11E boots for a while, and the width/length wasn't ideal. This was a great chance to take the plunge, and so I did.
No, that's my office, where I had them delivered. Work in finance, but the office is an old farm house.

Jelly! We are same size in shoes. Congrats. Gold mine.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meetings today with attorneys in my alter ego of "highly intelligent expert" and this calls for shoes that say "Hey, this guy is worth what he is being paid." Black shell PCTs were summoned from the bull pen for the job.

When I can get a pair of these at a reasonable price I will...my favorite fitting and looking AE shoe the Byron...no longer fits me. Not to go on an AE bash but why they ever stopped making that shoe on that last is beyond me. Perfect balance and fit...sad but it is just too big now. Of course a few have popped up on the bay but they were beat up a bit much. I decided this Alden will be it's replacement.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received my natty CXL Indy boots from Supply & Advise today. I think I hit the sizing dead on, thankfully. Will get photos up soon.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Yes I grabbed the NST...

So I know it is a long shot but I know a lot of folks have massive collections on here. I would be willing to trade the size 12 Aberdeen NST Ravello boot for a Size 12 or 12.5 Ravello NST Tanker boot(barrie) if anyone is interested. Would also be interested in trading the Size 12 Grant Cigar captoe/commando boot for a size 12 or 12.5 grant/barrie Cigar brogued captoe boot prefere commando.

I know these are subtle differences but figure if I prefer a subtle difference one way there may be someone who prefers it the other way!

Last edited:

KPDarb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I second that. I love me some TB. Another jumper like the LS one from years ago with a flat welt would be great. However I love my Indy and I'm very excited for my AF53A to get here lol

TexasTexter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So got in another pair of NST CXL and this one is lighter. Only issue is this one has no speed hooks....ugh. I can't win! Which do I keep?

I like the color of the second but the speed hooks are a nice feature.

Last edited:

dcinitial

Reaction score
Hi all- if anyone is looking to offload a 10.5E/ 11D Barrie NST tanker please PM me. Thanks!

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads