• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

avidtest

Reaction score
A perfect day for Indys on Commando, but how else could I brave the rain? :)

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Another rainy day in Silicon Valley. Leffot chamois tankers via TSM's second's list.

MrDV

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ psa x 2
Go get them size 11.5 and 12
Mint Fb ravello boots for $800!?!???

And sold, I hope they don't pop up on eBay in a week for $2k

Last edited:

stonewall1614

Reaction score
Guys,

I just ordered a set of LHS Chromex from Alden Madison. They said they had them in stock, but after I purchased thry got back to me and said the pair they had in stock had creases and they were going to send a fresh pair from the factory. Perfect and great service. I received the new pair and they look pretty good, but the backs of the shoes are two different heights. Pics shown.

Overall I have seen this quite a bit and I purchased a pair from the Shoe Mart 6 months ago that I also had to send back. Whats going on here? Is the QC going down hill?

Should I send these back?

wdahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* hell. Ravello Wingtip Boots and Ravello Plaza Indy's, both new and at retail prices? The wingtip boots are definitely my size, the plazas are more of a gamble sizing-wise, but at that price it's a no brainer that I have to try them out. Bought them both at Buy It Now.

(To clarify, yes it was me who snagged them, and no, I'm not gonna flip these for a quick buck).

Last edited:

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
******* hell. Ravello Wingtip Boots and Ravello Plaza Indy's, both new and at retail prices? The wingtip boots are definitely my size, the plazas are more of a gamble sizing-wise, but at that price it's a no brainer that I have to try them out. Bought them both at Buy It Now.

The fact that I'm in a bid response on a slow connection was a great thing for you! If you decide not to keep the Ravello boots, please consider offering them to me as the guy who was seconds behind you... :)

idonotmatch

Reaction score

(To clarify, yes it was me who snagged them, and no, I'm not gonna flip these for a quick buck).
Congrats! Looking forward to seeing pictures.

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: Let me know how the wings fit..I was considering them - I got the cigar captoe and ravello Tankers...not sure what will fit. Was going to swing for the ravello wings in 11.5 though it is 1/2 size smaller than typical for me. I have some shells that fit big so thought it could work. Keep me updated. -

Kahuna75

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am starting to wonder when I will think enough with the tankers...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchaslimprix