• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2017 - Share Reviews, Sizing, Advice, and Photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
No idea how much interest there is in this kind of thing, but this Alden PCT boot pre-order just popped up on the instagram feed of a local store:

http://www.lawrencecovell.com/shop-mens/shop-by-designer/alden-shoes/alden-special-order-shoe-45233
Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 11.07.07 AM.png

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've floated this before since missing out on them at Leffot a few years back, but does anyone know if this model - called the City Moc at Leffot - has surfaced anywhere else? Either in chromexcel as pictured or possibly in suede? It's still my mythically perfect casual shoe and I can't stop wishing for it.

c03841388e579b4a4c1cf0ce5919bf1c.jpg

Mghart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've floated this before since missing out on them at Leffot a few years back, but does anyone know if this model - called the City Moc at Leffot - has surfaced anywhere else? Either in chromexcel as pictured or possibly in suede? It's still my mythically perfect casual shoe and I can't stop wishing for it.

c03841388e579b4a4c1cf0ce5919bf1c.jpg
I've wanted something similar to this in black or color 8 shell for quite some time but it seems unlikely. Not sure why U stitch models aren't as popular as NSTs. I agree that it's a perfect casual make up, but the hand sewn stitch elevates it a little.

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score
So I tried it out myself.
Strangely 8E fits quite well, and Leydon 7.5D too, both in #8 Shell.

Very nice looking V-Tips. Glad that you found a good fit for you!

Very lovely looking Ravello Boot J.

Hate to follow JSOs awsome ravello boots, but here goes. #8 PTBs from brooks:
000489i.jpg

Those have a fantastic patina on them. A very cool model!

Smooth and Reverse Chamois saddles today. View attachment 564938

Thats a pretty cool combination for a Saddle.

Unreal @JSO1 . Ravello fire right there

Cigar LHS from TSM today

Don L is always on fire! Great looking LHSes bud! Glad that you got IG all squared away.

First pair of Aldens. Color #8 PTBs bought 3-4 years ago at a consignment store - marked down from $200 to $100 at the register. What a steal!

Beautiful Color #8 PTBs there Xenos. You did well there!

View attachment 614619
Alpine Wingtip boots from Leather Soul.

Very nice looking Wingtip Boots there bud! AG is a great material!

Brick & Mortar snuff WTB today. This boot is represented very well around these parts. Love it.

View attachment 625645

Ha! That boot is indeed well represented here!

These arrived today. JCrew LWB, bought on a whim with a discount code several months ago and finally shipped.

Haven't decided if I will keep them, but I probably will since they are versatile for both casual and more formal occasions.

In other news, my wife does not seem too concerned with my $500 shoe habit

Congratulations on your JCrew gateway drug to Alden. Those are a very popular model due to their beauty and usability. Your wife should seriously be concerned if you are now shopping in that price range and on here!

rainy day comfort

Wow, very nice looking CT Boots! Look like they get some good wearings!

Lovely looking Snuff Suede Chukka Boots there!

Some AF53s on this rainy Friday. Also rocking my first pair of raw jeans ever. I love them even though they're taking a little getting used to. Trying to up my fashion game to compliment my Aldens.

View attachment 645588

Very nice looking, well loved boots there Thams! Congratulations on your new Raw Denim! Its a great compliment for your footwear! The jeans are tough at first, but you get used to it and when they break in, they are quite exquisite.

Crappy day needs great shoes:
BjZcz6M.jpg

2sL1sXL.jpg

Well, you turned that crappy day and made it rock!

-Mike

Last edited:

thams

Reaction score
In my quest for cigar plain toe boots, I shot an email over to Anatomica for a hail mary. No dice, but they sent some awesome pictures of some boots in my size. I know the modified last isn't everyone's cup of tea, but these are pretty slick. Really nice guys over there too.

unnamed.jpg
unnamed.jpg

Xenos

Reaction score
I've wanted something similar to this in black or color 8 shell for quite some time but it seems unlikely. Not sure why U stitch models aren't as popular as NSTs. I agree that it's a perfect casual make up, but the hand sewn stitch elevates it a little.

Alden of Madison is currently taking deposits on an order for Color #8 U-tip on Aberdeen with commando sole and antique edging. Just FYI.

eyeheartny

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I might be able to find either a pre-order or stock of any black shell boots, either the Indy, the wingtip, or the straight-tip in a C width, ideally in one of the slimmer lasts like Plaza? I have a preorder for some others through Brick + Mortar that are very delayed and I'm starting to think about fall for boots since it seems like some of these pre orders are taking a long time w/Alden. The narrow width/narrower last is really tough it seems. My damn narrow heels!

slam

Reaction score
What does everyone think of the JCrew X Alden LHS?

Also, which of the JCrew Indys would you recommend? The standard 405, or 405 with Kudu leather? Just noticed the Kudu leather ones last night and have the 405 with Chromexel on order now.

bassplayrr

Reaction score
I believe this may be my first post in this thread, despite lurking for quite some time. This past week I impulse purchased a pair of 3914 Plaza boots from the Madison Ave. Alden while traveling to NYC. I figured the new addition is as good excuse as any to snap a pic of the small collection (other than my 1493 and 13871 Chukkas which are back with Alden for restoration). From left to right: 966 wingtip, 9015 SC bal, 3914 Plaza, 4461H SC wingtip boot, and the trusty ol' 405 Indys. Love the brand. Great thread.

View attachment 679248

NY pair.jpg

Shoes Group.jpg

DustinM

Reaction score
Congratulations on your JCrew gateway drug to Alden. Those are a very popular model due to their beauty and usability. Your wife should seriously be concerned if you are now shopping in that price range and on here!

-Mike

Thanks Mike. This is actually my 3rd pair of Aldens, behind hunting green unlined chukkas and regina grain straight tip boots from B+M. The wife actually spent an hour with me at B+M and chose those boots, so fair to say she's onboard.

Although, she did mention something about picking up a Louboutin habit of her own so maybe I should be concerned....

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
IMG_7314.JPG
Monsooned!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them