• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Thread for 2016 - Share reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipshot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

very nice. i actually like the black more in this style/last.
Thanks, I agree 100%!
Mike - why do some color 8's look like true burgundy (like these bluchers) and others look more dark purple eggplanty (like your Plaza boots from your recent pic)? I realize that recently Alden's been staining them darker, but i still see a big variation in actual color - some are dark RED and some are dark PURPLE.
I do not know 100%, but I believe given them more limited quantities of hides being available, both Horween and Alden are being conservative with their dyes and going slightly darker. I again don't know. It does vary batch to batch of course.
Leffot Greenwich in tobacco reverse chamois and EP duck canvas chinos.
Lovely.
I bought my pair used but from what I understand they will be heavily oiled and ready to wear right out of the box. I actually treated my pair with some neatsfoot oil not long ago so you can see the color they were and then the dark almost new looking color they went back to after the neatsfoot oil. BTW the neatsfoot oil was what Horween told me to use on them for conditioning maintenance.
Darkens them a bit but they look much happier.
Okay, could have posted another boot but these are my current fancy, not to mention the incredible comfort of the Commando Sole, a new sole for me altogether.
Looking top notch in your Color 8 NSTs. For a minute I swore they were Cigars.
Alden X EP CXL Alt Weins Love these, but a little buyer's remorse when looking at the shell versions. Don't think I can justify both
Sorry to hear, they do look nice for what It's worth, but I always vote Shell.
Did I hear wingtip Wednesday?
Indeed you did! And they are looking superb!
cigar nst first wear
Horrible DV, they just look horrible. Drop off at my house tomorrow with a tongue pad please. For your sake.
Any love for some 403s?
Not sure Indy would have taken the Subway, but they look great!
DC Cigar Captoe boots South Mountain, Phoenix AZ
On the edge, looking down at Phoenix to my left
Sunset (phone battery proceeded to die just before sunset got amazing)
Looks lovely three Ben regardless and your boots look perfect.
You are going to have double brushing duty tonight, but you are looking good! -Mike

SteveH35

Reaction score
Sitting on a plane and lost my willpower. Ordered a pair of the TSM Plaza boots in black. First Plaza for me

Last edited:

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sitting on a plane and lost my willpower. Ordered a pair of the TSM Plaza boots in black. First Plaza for me

Forgivable offense. There's not much fresh oxygen on planes. Makes your brain do funny things. :D

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
Anyone loving the green reverse chamois "Greenwich" boots Leffot just dropped???

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
I even feel weird typing this, but I had the tobacco reverse Greenwich and that was the only Alden boot that I wish had speedhooks. Unlike my shell all eye boots where I only had to unlace the top eyelet to get the boots on and off...I have to unlace at least 4 to get the Greenwich on and off.

Don L

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I didn't have the Unionmade Indy's in that suede I'd jump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics