• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Alden Indy Appreciation Thread

gr789

Reaction score

Here's a weird one. The ShoeMart has sold something called a "Indy Boot Plain Toe". you can see from the first pic that that's how the ShoeMart labeled it (letters cut off).
The boot is indeed a plain toe, and although I am not a big fan of the Indy Boot contrast stitching, I am not convinced that this an Indy boot without it!

Carson

Reaction score

Here's a weird one. The ShoeMart has sold something called a "Indy Boot Plain Toe". you can see from the first pic that that's how the ShoeMart labeled it (letters cut off).
The boot is indeed a plain toe, and although I am not a big fan of the Indy Boot contrast stitching, I am not convinced that this an Indy boot without it!
So, it's basically a plain-toe boot built on the trubalance last? Can't wait to see their Indy wing-tip boot!

gr789

Reaction score
lol - Yes, plain toe on trubalance.

Marketing is big business, but I can't imagine that these plain toes sold any more just because they were called "indy boots"! But if we can get a GMTO for the Indy Wingtip in rare shell, then I am definitely in!

Carson

Reaction score
lol - Yes, plain toe on trubalance.

Marketing is big business, but I can't imagine that these plain toes sold any more just because they were called "indy boots"! But if we can get a GMTO for the Indy Wingtip in rare shell, then I am definitely in!

I say we shoot for a whiskey shell "Indy" wingtip, lol. yeah, I have no idea was TSM was thinking with that. The stitching - love it or hate it (I originally hated it) - is what makes it an Indy...

Disco Volante

Reaction score
The Trubalance Indy is a comfortable and pragmatic choice for me at work or play. In addition to the daily beatings, the 403s have been on countless Indy-inspired adventures to caves, streams, hikes, waterfalls, long sketchy pedestrian suspension bridges, ancient ruins, and the like.

The Alden x Epaulet Ironside Indy has been a more recent acquisition. It's received a lot of compliments and should get me through most, if not all of World War III.

dsk321

Reaction score
so the 10.5 EE was a bust. The length fit was fine, but it was still a bit tight where the vamp/tongue starts (not sure what to call that) right above the widest part at the base of the toebox. It was a little bittersweet having to immediately return em but the EEE should do the trick. Guess thats two more weeks for my first indys/aldens.

RMF308

Reaction score
I have a pair of 405's with neo-cork soles which I have found to be the best/most comfortable boots that I've ever owned; in fact I've worn them almost daily since I picked them up at the SF Alden store last February. The back of the heels are wearing down pretty quickly and now I'm anticipating that I'll need to send them in to Aldens for new heels soon (already have the restoration kit bag).

My problem is the 6 week turnaround wait and not having another pair of Indy's to wear while the 405's are away getting new heels. I thinking of picking up a pair of black shell Indy's to wear.

Pic request: does anyone happen to have a pic of their black cordovan shell Indy's on the foot, preferably with jeans on?
Thanks.

Carson

Reaction score
I have a pair of 405's with neo-cork soles which I have found to be the best/most comfortable boots that I've ever owned; in fact I've worn them almost daily since I picked them up at the SF Alden store last February. The back of the heels are wearing down pretty quickly and now I'm anticipating that I'll need to send them in to Aldens for new heels soon (already have the restoration kit bag).

My problem is the 6 week turnaround wait and not having another pair of Indy's to wear while the 405's are away getting new heels. I thinking of picking up a pair of black shell Indy's to wear.

Pic request: does anyone happen to have a pic of their black cordovan shell Indy's on the foot, preferably with jeans on?
Thanks.
Anything come up on Google images for black shell cordovan Indy boot??? Also, heels are kind of basic. Not sure if one really needs to have the heels done by Alden. Different ball game than a resole or re-welt. If you have a decent local cobbler, it's a pretty simple job and could be done much quicker.

gr789

Reaction score

Thanks.
Regarding heels, especially if its only the rubber, my local cobbler does my Aldens and I don't notice any issues with them. Turnaround time is only a day or so. I suppose Alden might use some original "parts" but I would favor the better the turnaround time (and probably cost) of a local cobbler.

Carson

Reaction score
Regarding heels, especially if its only the rubber, my local cobbler does my Aldens and I don't notice any issues with them. Turnaround time is only a day or so. I suppose Alden might use some original "parts" but I would favor the better the turnaround time (and probably cost) of a local cobbler.
Yep. Agreed.

RMF308

Reaction score

Regarding heels, especially if its only the rubber, my local cobbler does my Aldens and I don't notice any issues with them.  Turnaround time is only a day or so.  I suppose Alden might use some original "parts" but I would favor the better the turnaround time (and probably cost) of a local cobbler.

Thanks, I certainly considered just stopping by my local cobbler but has anyone had any issues with with Alden restoration service and having non OEM heels installed when they arrive for the restoration service?

Also any local cobbler issues with sourcing the asymmetrical shape/footprint of the heels? Stock pic:

Last edited:

gr789

Reaction score
Thanks, I certainly considered just stopping by my local cobbler but has anyone had any issues with with Alden restoration service and having non OEM heels installed when they arrive for the restoration service?

Also any local cobbler issues with sourcing the asymmetrical shape/footprint of the heels? Stock pic:
Ooops, I did not realize that you have the Alden foot balance heel. My bad.

Apologies as my Indy boots have commando and double leather soles rather than the neo-cork and asymmetric heel. So I only have experience with Alden's standard dovetail heels or commando heels when it comes to replacement.

Maybe someone else on this forum with some experience with these heels will chime in?

RMF308

Reaction score

Ooops, I did not realize that you have the Alden foot balance heel.  My bad.

Apologies as my Indy boots have commando and double leather soles rather than the neo-cork and asymmetric heel.  So I only have experience with Alden's standard dovetail heels or commando heels when it comes to replacement.

Maybe someone else on this forum with some experience with these heels will chime in?

I'll drop Alden of SF an email to see if they are able to source some OEM Foot-Balance rubber heels for me. I was reading a review of these boots on another site and the user said that they were able to buy the replacement heels from Alden... I'll report back once I head back from Alden SF.
Thanks!

RMF308

Reaction score
I'll drop Alden of SF an email to see if they are able to source some OEM Foot-Balance rubber heels for me. I was reading a review of these boots on another site and the user said that they were able to buy the replacement heels from Alden... I'll report back once I head back from Alden SF.
Thanks!

Just wanted to provide an update. I hadn't heard back from Alden SF so I contacted Alden directly via email; the replacement rubber foot balance heels are available to purchase separately through Alden (just call their phone number to order) for $16 a pair. I ordered a bunch of them in anticipation that I'm wearing these Indys for the next decade :)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads