• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The New Jil Sander

armellod.e

Reaction score
do you personally think their garments should be at lower or high or the current price is fine when compared to other designer.

I’ll watch some interviews from the current CC and in the future see the pieces in store
I really wasn't interested in the brand until a couple years ago, so I dunno. I sometimes look at used/vintage Jil though, and it's all over the place. The skinny stretchy minimal stuff made while Jil was gone from the brand just looks bad to me.

If you mean other designers in general, I guess people should pay for what they like and believe in and all that. Try it out! I think the quality and designs are great.

I personally can't afford most of the brand's offerings but can't complain about what I have bought...

Last edited:

yunBW

Reaction score
Anyone have purchased the Jil sander Arizona trouser for this season? I wonder if I should size down or tts? The waist difference seems minor like less than a inch for 2 sizes difference

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’d size down. I tried them in my normal size. The idea is they are loose fit and you cinch the waist and get a nice gathered affect. Same as the Argo shorts and some of the other styles they’ve done in past seasons and at OAMC (ie/ orbital pants).
But Ime even sizing down one will still get the effect but be a bit more manageable.

Related:
I just received the Anton blazer. This was one of my must haves from this season, but I kept holding off because I wanted black. But the grey/green is super nice. A little big in the shoulders right now but I’ll fill it back out.

A143D7BD-1701-4672-93E8-B9F0B31E0CAA.jpeg

cl smooth

Reaction score
I’d size down. I tried them in my normal size. The idea is they are loose fit and you cinch the waist and get a nice gathered affect. Same as the Argo shorts and some of the other styles they’ve done in past seasons and at OAMC (ie/ orbital pants).
But Ime even sizing down one will still get the effect but be a bit more manageable.

Wait, so for the Argo shorts, you're saying I should size down? Looking at these right now.

yunBW

Reaction score

Related:
I just received the Anton blazer. This was one of my must haves from this season, but I kept holding off because I wanted black. But the grey/green is super nice. A little big in the shoulders right now but I’ll fill it back out.

View attachment 1429382
Mind telling what size you got and what’s your standard trouser size? Im debating between the 48 and 52 from ssense

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I didn’t keep them. I tried the 50, which is my usual size.

@cl smooth yeah a size 50 Argo has a huge waist and even with the drawcord cinched they were still loose on me.

blacklight

Reaction score
My favorite brand of the moment. Honestly, nothing else is even similar...maybe The Row menswear? Bottega?

Take a look at #lemaire on IG and at least 1 in 5 outfits posted features a Jil piece. I would put less wacky MMM, recent BV, and to a lesser extent Our Legacy in a similar bracket as well.

The brands don't have a terrible amount in common but I also think there's a lot of synergy between some of what Jacquemus is putting out and summery Jil stuff.

Last edited:

yunBW

Reaction score
Does anyone know which season this Jil jacket is made or any information?

Attachments

• E17F4496-11BC-4878-8650-BC815858F471.jpeg
    E17F4496-11BC-4878-8650-BC815858F471.jpeg
    146.2 KB · Views: 99

whostosay

Reaction score
Looking to sell this awesome Sincera shirt from a couple seasons ago. Lightweight wool in a really beautiful multi colored plaid. Size 17 and fits quite oversized just as it should

Attachments

• 506C46E1-E2B9-4C53-AE37-80282C6F9E60.jpeg
    506C46E1-E2B9-4C53-AE37-80282C6F9E60.jpeg
    380.7 KB · Views: 342
  • 4E3C7284-8C7B-4D04-9E09-080D048EE2A7.jpeg
    4E3C7284-8C7B-4D04-9E09-080D048EE2A7.jpeg
    308.6 KB · Views: 337

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What is 17?
42?

I have a black wool/mohair 41 that’s too big now and I really want to buy size smaller. I think yours is a size bigger though.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads