• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Arc'Teryx Veilance collection --- sick, but $1000???

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Arc'Teryx makes some crazy awesome stuff, and I would love to get my hands on some of their jackets. I think these are so expensive because they probably put a lot of time and money into them, if they are popular, the price will go down to something more comparable with the rest of their line.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Had seen the Veilance stuff in a Japanese mag about a month ago, really liked it. Funnily enough I was considering it to be more like $2K a pop, since that is what it costs in Japan... $1K a piece makes it seem somewhat reasonable in my area.

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Becks23
^^^

But neither will quite breath like these will...

Dude, you could just get it tailored to look like Band of....erm, Arc'Teryx

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Knowing Arc'teryx, all of that's Gore-tex. The senior patrol guys get Arc'teryx uniforms where I work, puts the OR unis that we get to shame (although ours are still extremely nice)

Rye GB

Angry Englishman
Reaction score
+1 on this collection, I love it, especially the blazer. If I still lived in NY Arc'Teryx, Acronym, Stone Island and Patagonia would be my go to brands, unfortunately being in So Cal it would be throwing money away investing in pieces like this.
Considering the construction and fabrication I think the prices are quite reasonably priced compared to comparably priced jackets from APC, Hamilton and Gellar etc.

Geste

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrianVarick
Arc'Teryx makes some crazy awesome stuff, and I would love to get my hands on some of their jackets. I think these are so expensive because they probably put a lot of time and money into them, if they are popular, the price will go down to something more comparable with the rest of their line.

"NORRONA"s gear will be out soon - even better. Will update.

I have Arc'Teryx's Alpha SV ($600.00) and the "Veilance" collection was expanded from that series.

wahwho11

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nice pieces, living in socal makes this stuff useless for me.

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
Had seen the Veilance stuff in a Japanese mag about a month ago, really liked it. Funnily enough I was considering it to be more like $2K a pop, since that is what it costs in Japan... $1K a piece makes it seem somewhat reasonable in my area.
I was wondering where the $1K being thrown around came from. I paid £1100 ($1800) for the field jacket - and they can't even get it to me before Christmas. It's not a huge problem as I'm going somewhere I most certainly won't need it for Christmas, but I definitely could have used it over the last week.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by montyharding
I paid £1100 ($1800) for the field jacket
crazy.gif
It's listed at $1000 on the Arc'Teryx site. Still an insane price.

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Field jacket is listed at 1200€ ($1700) when I access the website, nice exchange rate
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
we're getting there...

montyharding

Reaction score
I've looked at my invoice and there is a good reason for part of the cost: I first didn't realise it would be shipped from Canada, but the sales tax for the target country is included (for the UK, that's roughly the equivalent of $300). i.e. the price is a localised total.

And I guess it's a nice highlight of the relatives in living costs around the globe.

suzuka

Reaction score
the new line is horribly overpriced. None of the outdoor companies have tried expanding into the business casual niche so Arc's decision will definitely be something to follow for the next little while. I doubt it will gain much traction.

The price point is geared towards a market that spends money on expensive wools and cottons, not synthetic fibres. If you're bobbing around town, you don't require taped seams and glued construction.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
There's a huge untapped market for fashionable technical wear, and Arc'teryx have huge brand equity in technical clothing, it's a no-brainer. Patagonia is probably watching jealously. Styleforum may be geared towards natural fibers but the market for technical textile in better cuts/more wearability can not be denied. There are plenty of people who would wear a stylish and supremely functional jacket/coat if they could afford it.

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 if the arcteryx reviews are to be believed, then they make a <1kg jacket that you can wear over a tshirt and be warm in 0 deg F weather

if only it was slimmer......

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads