• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The new Arc'Teryx Veilance collection --- sick, but $1000???

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
needs more steez or dedication to technology, one or the other. Things that sit defiantly yet as quietly as Nau alone in the middle of disparate camps rarely survive

AR_Six

"Sookie!"
Reaction score
Originally Posted by svelten
I quite like Arc'teryx. They're amongst the most stylish and aesthetic of items as you could probably find on a North American ski slope
This is absolutely hilarious. The problem you're having here is that what you wear on the hill does not equate to what you wear in the city. Wearing the slim, unadorned, unfettered silhouette while making turns does not look good. In fact, wearing head to toe arc'teryx is the quickest, easiest way to look like a complete gaper. Thankfully, performance is good, but you're paying a lot for that.

Becks23

Reaction score
Originally Posted by suzuka
the new line is horribly overpriced. None of the outdoor companies have tried expanding into the business casual niche so Arc's decision will definitely be something to follow for the next little while. I doubt it will gain much traction. The price point is geared towards a market that spends money on expensive wools and cottons, not synthetic fibres. If you're bobbing around town, you don't require taped seams and glued construction.
Hard to say it's over-priced when there are few equals to reference Arc' V's pricing against.

Moncler Gamme Bleu and SOME Acronym pieces come to mind.

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ahjota
Damn. Would you mind posting your thoughts on that field jacket in the Veilance thread when you get it?
I forgot about this. So what did you want to know?

makewayhomer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think the Arc'Teryx stuff usually sucks for casual wear b/c of the pockets (lack and placement thereof)

montyharding

Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
I think the Arc'Teryx stuff usually sucks for casual wear b/c of the pockets (lack and placement thereof)
It's worked well enough so far. Not, as you might be alluding to, that fond of the inner pockets though. Like the outside pockets. Edit: A few other comments... It's very noisy, and prone to static build-up. I think the styling is not going to date quickly but given the seams and material, I wonder how well it will wear. Reactions ~ SO: "You look like a fireman." Parent: "£1100 for that!?!?!?!" I remain unapologetic and apart from the static thing which I will have to get around to solving, I like it. I thought it was the most expensive casual jacket I'd bought to date, but I was sorting through my receipts recently and discovered that it was far from the case. So that's all right then.

choth21

Reaction score
Originally Posted by svelten

Despite this, they are founded in my hometown and the items are made in Canada so this deserves a resounding thumbs up......... if you can find it at a discount/factory store.

I don't know about the Veilance line, but some of the regular Arcteryx pieces are now made in China, which sucks.

commodorewheeler

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by choth21
I don't know about the Veilance line, but some of the regular Arcteryx pieces are now made in China, which sucks.

I think most of the regular Arc'Teryx line is now made in China. I switched over to their LEAF line, as far as I know all of it is still made in Canada.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads