• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Large Feet Thread – dedicated to info on where to get plus size shoes

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So much appreciated.

No problem and I hope this helps in addition to the other brands listed before. There are also some other custom makers who will do it off of measurements if you work with them by email/phone. Jan Kielman in Poland and Antonio Meccariello in Italy.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Is there a Small feet thread
shog%5B1%5D.gif

No, but there is this: http://www.skoaktiebolaget.se/collections/uk-5-5

:)

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
I have UK 13 & US 14 sized feet with a pretty wide profile. Generally speaking English and German shoes fit me much better than Italian or Spanish shoes because of my wider feet (even if the southern makers have larger sizes) But from what I have heard and plan to try out in the not so distant future, that some Carmina lasts tend to accomodate for wide feet and they go up to a UK 14 which is a bit bigger than a US 15, if I'm not mistaken. So for all the other big foots in here, that could be an option.

Felix

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have UK 13 & US 14 sized feet with a pretty wide profile. Generally speaking English and German shoes fit me much better than Italian or Spanish shoes because of my wider feet (even if the southern makers have larger sizes) But from what I have heard and plan to try out in the not so distant future, that some Carmina lasts tend to accomodate for wide feet and they go up to a UK 14 which is a bit bigger than a US 15, if I'm not mistaken. So for all the other big foots in here, that could be an option.

Felix

Good option and yes you are correct. Carmina can make large sizes and does have shoes that are generally wider.

Contact skoaktiebolaget if you have questions and they can work it all out for you.

snowmichael

Reaction score
So what does one do if one has normal length feet but very wide?

I'm a UK 10 length, but 6EE width

In the UK F is wide, G is very wide, then H, 2EE 4EE 6EE and finally 8EE

The only place I can get shoes seems to be here

http://dbshoes.co.uk/shoes.php?gend...colour=Blacks&chkOrthotics=no&chkDiabetics=no

and there are exactly four shoes there, only the Shannon (which I guess is a Derby?) is even slightly suitable for work
(While the Hailsham might look suitable in the photos, it's basically a trainer base with a shoe top and looks awful)

Last edited:

MrTRC

Reaction score

http://dbshoes.co.uk/shoes.php?gend...colour=Blacks&chkOrthotics=no&chkDiabetics=no

and there are exactly four shoes there, only the Shannon (which I guess is a Derby?) is even slightly suitable for work
(While the Hailsham might look suitable in the photos, it's basically a trainer base with a shoe top and looks awful)

Damn, snowmichael! I feel for you. perhaps the answer is MTO/Bespoke - if you want nicer shoes. Not the obvious countries of course which come with a King's ransom but maybe makers in Eastern Europe, Mexico, China etc

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Damn, snowmichael! I feel for you. perhaps the answer is MTO/Bespoke - if you want nicer shoes. Not the obvious countries of course which come with a King's ransom but maybe makers in Eastern Europe, Mexico, China etc

I agree in that if you want nicer looking shoes you should consider bespoke or made to measure (MTM). I don't know your price range, but Eastern European countries have some better opportunity for the price. Jan Kielman in Poland, Vass in Hungary, and Maftei in Austria are a few options for the $1000 range. st Crispins can also make modifications to their lasts for you or even make you a custom last. Their shoes are over $1000 but amazing looking shoes and you can get some great service from the store Skoaktiebolaget so they can talk options with you.

You can look at Vogel in New York City for a way to make your size custom for you and it may be cheaper with an easier time to speak with someone about it all.

If MTM if too expensive, you can try made to order (MTO), so you can select a last with a wide width as well as the style.

Allen Edmonds and Alden both can do a huge variety of widths but you would have to speak with them if you want to be properly fitted for shoes. The comfort shoes that are made in those wides usually don't fit the same as a nicer made welted pair of shoes, so you may not actually be the same length and width that you would expect.

There is Tauer and Johnson who make Goodyear welted shoes that are a quality more like Allen Edmonds to maybe Alden in a variety of styles. They aren't sleek but are much more attractive than the options you have shown. They can do some crazy widths and can make even more special combination lasts if your forefoot to heel width difference is not the standard two widths down (I.e. d width shoe but with B width heel). You can ask them about this if you are interested.

Hope this helps as a starting point without knowing your price range some covered from a few hundreds for those MTO brands up to over $1000 in cases of some of those MTM /bespoke brands. If you give a better idea of price range, I may have more to add.

snowmichael

Reaction score
Well, as you might have seen, those shoes I buy currently are in the £80-£100 (up to $150?) range, and last maybe 3 years as work shoes, and another 2-3 as 'scruffy'

Until I found them, I used to have to buy size 12-13 extra extra wide, for ~£30 ($45?) which would last six months before splitting due to the constant pressure of my elephantine feet

A price of $1000/£650 is just so far out of what I'd pay for shoes that I don't have the energy to even giggle at it

Last edited:

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
Well, as you might have seen, those shoes I buy currently are in the £80-£100 (up to $150?) range, and last maybe 3 years as work shoes, and another 2-3 as 'scruffy'

Until I found them, I used to have to buy size 12-13 extra extra wide, for ~£30 ($45?) which would last six months before splitting due to the constant pressure of my elephantine feet

A price of $1000/£650 is just so far out of what I'd pay for shoes that I don't have the energy to even giggle at it
Please do not wear any of those shoes to the office!!! That is a very tight shoe budget, but if you can pump that up to 150 GBP, you can try a German shoebrand called Shoepassion. They make Goodyear welted shoes and have gotten very good reviews for the price class from Style Forum and german websites. They have wide lasts that fit my feet (also wide) very well. On top of that you can choose to get some of the models in a wider fitting, which to be honest I don't even need. They also have an option where you can print out a 'model last' on an A4 piece of paper and put your foot on it to see whether they could fit you. If your feet are stilla bit too wide, remember that leather stretches a bit. I attached some of the picture of their shoes below. Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Felix

Last edited:

snowmichael

Reaction score
Wide?

(Hollow laughter)

Their shoes are not wide!

I used their PDF

It completely accurately gets my length as 10

My width goes an extra 2cm beyond their width for size 12

My feet are not wide (F), extra wide(G) or even extra extra wide (H)

They are extra extra extra extra extra wide - 6EE

So I'm stuck with the ones that I can get in to, rather than smarter ones

I don't pay £90/pair out of budget, but because _that's_all_there_is_ in my width

Last edited:

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
Wide?

(Hollow laughter)

Their shoes are not wide!

I used their PDF

It completely accurately gets my length as 10

My width goes an extra 2cm beyond their width for size 12

My feet are not wide (F), extra wide(G) or even extra extra wide (H)

They are extra extra extra extra extra wide - 6EE

So I'm stuck with the ones that I can get in to, rather than smarter ones

I don't pay £90/pair out of budget, but because _that's_all_there_is_ in my width
My width is a bit wider than the size 13 (my size) and they fit well without going the extra wide. Not sure how much the wider the wide variant is. You may be fine with size 11 in wide in a derby. But call up their customer service and ask them. A cobbler can also stretch out the width of the shoe like 0.5 cm if they end up being too tight. (plus leather stretches) Other than that for good men's shoes, it seems you won't find anything unless you go MTO. So either accept that, and pay the extra or wear **** shoes. Those are your two choices I suppose.

Felix

Last edited:

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
I wear a size 15D (American). My normal shoe budget is up to about $400 -- in other words, full retail for companies such as Allen Edmonds, Brooks Brothers, etc. Allen Edmonds seems to offer its full line in my size, but other makers such as Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Johnston & Murphy's high-end line usually only offer one or two models in my size. For example, the only pair of size 14 (which I can sometimes wear, depending on the last) shoes on Brooks Brothers' website are alligator skin sneakers that cost $1198. Can any of you recommend a maker, other than the ones I have already mentioned, that makes high-quality shoes in a size 15 without requiring a custom order?

FelixTheFinn

Reaction score
I wear a size 15D (American). My normal shoe budget is up to about $400 -- in other words, full retail for companies such as Allen Edmonds, Brooks Brothers, etc. Allen Edmonds seems to offer its full line in my size, but other makers such as Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Johnston & Murphy's high-end line usually only offer one or two models in my size. For example, the only pair of size 14 (which I can sometimes wear, depending on the last) shoes on Brooks Brothers' website are alligator skin sneakers that cost $1198. Can any of you recommend a maker, other than the ones I have already mentioned, that makes high-quality shoes in a size 15 without requiring a custom order?
Only US makers, or would you pay for shipping from Europe? Note that non-EU orders for shoes from English or Spanish shoe makers will exclude VAT and thus be 19% cheaper than for us in Europe, which covers shipping and then some. ;)

Felix

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Well, as you might have seen, those shoes I buy currently are in the £80-£100 (up to $150?) range, and last maybe 3 years as work shoes, and another 2-3 as 'scruffy' Until I found them, I used to have to buy size 12-13 extra extra wide, for ~£30 ($45?) which would last six months before splitting due to the constant pressure of my elephantine feet A price of $1000/£650 is just so far out of what I'd pay for shoes that I don't have the energy to even giggle at it
Please do not wear any of those shoes to the office!!! That is a very tight shoe budget, but if you can pump that up to 150 GBP, you can try a German shoebrand called Shoepassion. They make Goodyear welted shoes and have gotten very good reviews for the price class from Style Forum and german websites. They have wide lasts that fit my feet (also wide) very well. On top of that you can choose to get some of the models in a wider fitting, which to be honest I don't even need. They also have an option where you can print out a 'model last' on an A4 piece of paper and put your foot on it to see whether they could fit you. If your feet are stilla bit too wide, remember that leather stretches a bit. I attached some of the picture of their shoes below. Good luck and let us know what you decide! Felix
Shoe passion is actually a brand that I have spoken about before that offers large sizes and they have wides. In terms of your price problem, Michael, I did mention other brands that are much lower in price like Allen Edmonds, Alden, and Tauer & Johnson. They are still more than what you are paying but are the best choices for you to look for your extreme width whole being "well made" (by almost all readers opinions) and still in the $250-$500 range.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I wear a size 15D (American).  My normal shoe budget is up to about $400 -- in other words, full retail for companies such as Allen Edmonds, Brooks Brothers, etc.  Allen Edmonds seems to offer its full line in my size, but other makers such as Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, and Johnston & Murphy's high-end line usually only offer one or two models in my size.  For example, the only pair of size 14 (which I can sometimes wear, depending on the last) shoes on Brooks Brothers' website are alligator skin sneakers that cost $1198.  Can any of you recommend a maker, other than the ones I have already mentioned, that makes high-quality shoes in a size 15 without requiring a custom order?

Allen Edmonds, Alden, and Tauer & Johnson can all make your size and offer many widths if needed in your length.

There are others like shoe passion, awl & sundry, magnanni, and Santoni that also make shoes in your size (at least to order if not in stock) that can be in your price range while still being made at a good quality.

Some of them do not charge to order a pair in your size either. The store may just not carry them in stock on a normal basis.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads