• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i've never bought from new top, just browsed. but the prices are fairly reasonable and that's pretty much where all the cool girls in nyc go to get their jewelry. there's probably similar places in sf's chinatown if you can't make it out to nyc.

K. Nights

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any thoughts on ring configuration?
I am thinking about buying the Kei Shigenaga "Kagetsu" ring below. Currently I have a plain signet ring that I wear on my pinky finger with more contemporary clothing. Which finger would be best for the Kei Shigenaga in combination with this?
I think index finger would look strange, so I was thinking middle finger. Opinions?

Kagetsu_700x.jpg

Trit

Reaction score
Jewelry is still something I'm experimenting with. Luckily I don't love 999 out of 1000 pieces I see, so it's an easy formula to know what to buy. I have a bracelet that I do enjoy wearing, so that's one. I wanted to try the company Nove25 for awhile and experimented with a ring:

nove25.jpg

Which I thought would be interesting as a pinky ring. But it didn't feel right and I don't think I'm a ring guy, period. So scratch that.

The only other thing that caught my eye recently is this piece by VEERT:

VEERT.jpg

A necklace seems super practical to wear and it'd be inside my shirt all the time anyway. But, yeah, something about that exact shade of green enamel. I was trying to find a cheaper one on Etsy to experiment with but nothing is quite right. So this one's a maybe.

It's a fun little journey, though.

hoodog

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a "wide" (maybe 1.25 in wide or so) silver bangle. I'd love for it to have some texture. Any recs in Europe? I recall @LA Guy (?) mentioned a German maker a while back but I cant remember their name...

Edit: something like this guy from Kapital would be nice (this piece is made out of brass though)

CHIWSl4UIAETLUZ.jpg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a "wide" (maybe 1.25 in wide or so) silver bangle. I'd love for it to have some texture. Any recs in Europe? I recall @LA Guy (?) mentioned a German maker a while back but I cant remember their name...

Edit: something like this guy from Kapital would be nice (this piece is made out of brass though)

View attachment 1786811
Are we taking about Werkstatt Munchen?

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

LeBeef

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question for ppl in the industry or more knowledge about this stuff: what’s recycled gold and does it have a different value or durability? I only know jewelry brands my wife shops at and this caught my eye: https://mejuri.com/shop/products/flat-curb-chain-necklace. Wondering how the price is much lower and if it’s noticeably different than what you would get elsewhere.

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I’ve just assumed it’s a sustainable practice and no different quality. I’m a huge fan of bleue Burnham and have several of his pieces in recycled gold (And many more in silver) and they are all very nice. Since he’s such a big supporter of sustainable practices I guess I just assumed that was the reason and never really looked into it further.
It looks good. Feels good. Is good?

MrZBrown

Reaction score
What would you guys consider a tier below in price (and i guess quality) of a Good Art. I really like their pequeno a mano but I'd hate to drop that kinda cash and end up not loving it. Considering I dont wear a necklace daily, just intermittently.

Also I got recommended David Yurman stuff but I have no idea if thats just all price/no quality or if its solid enough.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would you guys consider a tier below in price (and i guess quality) of a Good Art. I really like their pequeno a mano but I'd hate to drop that kinda cash and end up not loving it. Considering I dont wear a necklace daily, just intermittently.

Also I got recommended David Yurman stuff but I have no idea if thats just all price/no quality or if its solid enough.
There is really not that much that really replicates that look. Maybe just get something from the brand that costs less to start, and then if you like that+, then make the jump? Otherwise, I don't know how the secondary market is for Good Art.

jmiller123

Reaction score

While not the same aesthetically, I recently came across this brand called J.hannah. While it's predominately marketed towards women, they have a unisex collection that includes a necklace as well as a bracelet. All of their items are made in LA, if that matters to you. I personally had been thinking of picking up a Good Art curb chain bracelet for awhile but I decided to pull the trigger on this one as I find it more discreet and sleek. Should be here in a few weeks as most of their items are made to order.
082019_JHannah_IDShoot_Edit-70_675x900_crop_center.jpg
000049210001copy_675x900_crop_center.jpg

MrZBrown

Reaction score
There is really not that much that really replicates that look. Maybe just get something from the brand that costs less to start, and then if you like that+, then make the jump? Otherwise, I don't know how the secondary market is for Good Art.

Makes sense. I just really like their basic stuff (not a fan of the Americana stuff, just the curb/pequeno/ball look) and I am always a fan of paying for quality, especially made here, but I get nervous paying that price for something if I dont wear it. I suppose I could go to Self Edge to try it but hoping to see if anyone had a similar line in mind that was more affordable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads