• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what's the consensus on Yurman? Hype or quality?

I think that it's fine, but it really does seem to be the brand of choice of rather boring high end department stores. That probably ought to have no bearing on anything, and I've seen some styles that I like, but for the prices, I've never found something that I have liked enough to buy. One man's opinion, of course.

MrZBrown

Reaction score
I think that it's fine, but it really does seem to be the brand of choice of rather boring high end department stores. That probably ought to have no bearing on anything, and I've seen some styles that I like, but for the prices, I've never found something that I have liked enough to buy. One man's opinion, of course.
yeah I came across their store in caesars shops and someone had recommended them to me, but I wasn't sure if it was all hype. nothing screamed "this is quality" or "I NEED that" so good to know. appreciate it.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I just really like their basic stuff (not a fan of the Americana stuff, just the curb/pequeno/ball look) and I am always a fan of paying for quality, especially made here, but I get nervous paying that price for something if I dont wear it. I suppose I could go to Self Edge to try it but hoping to see if anyone had a similar line in mind that was more affordable.
Seriously, if you are able to get to Self Edge to try it on, do that. Though I love internet shopping, for something like jewelry, it's really hard to get the same feel for the weight and proportions and vibe as you can in person. And it's not an insignificant amount of money...

Valfunde

Reaction score
Ugh. Anyone know something similar to these Saint Laurent pieces? Browsed through my usual sources and can't seem to find that scratch. If only they weren't brass. Though it's not like sterling silver is necessarily any better.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Anyone know something similar to these Saint Laurent pieces? Browsed through my usual sources and can't seem to find that scratch. If only they weren't brass. Though it's not like sterling silver is necessarily any better.

My $0.02, just get those. You are paying for the design and the brand, Yes, sterling silver would have been nicer, but frankly, I find that brass is more durable anyway. And that design is faily distinctive. If you get anything else, you'll be disastisfied, and very possibly, either get this, or wait too long, and lose the opportunity. Just do me a solid, and use the links you yourself posted, so that the forum is compensated for the sale? It helps us run the forum and costs you nothing additional.

Valfunde

Reaction score
My $0.02, just get those. You are paying for the design and the brand, Yes, sterling silver would have been nicer, but frankly, I find that brass is more durable anyway. And that design is faily distinctive. If you get anything else, you'll be disastisfied, and very possibly, either get this, or wait too long, and lose the opportunity. Just do me a solid, and use the links you yourself posted, so that the forum is compensated for the sale? It helps us run the forum and costs you nothing additional.
Yeah, that's what I'm kinda leaning into. Hopefully I don't get stained green.

Also ! Those links I posted will be compensated to the forum? Didn't know that. Will do if I decide to pull the trigger.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Also ! Those links I posted will be compensated to the forum? Didn't know that. Will do if I decide to pull the trigger.

Some links are associated with the commissions programs that run on the forum, some not. For forums and publications, it used to be a major source of revenueul to about 2011, but that has been a shrinking market since, especially with coupon sites that basically just poach. Also, it's basically a gig economy, unlike other forms of advertisng, where publishers and advertisers/marketers hold more equal power. If you haven't already, I would recommend you give our latest podcast a listen. It touches on some internet advertising issues:

Rebus

Reaction score
While not the same aesthetically, I recently came across this brand called J.hannah. While it's predominately marketed towards women, they have a unisex collection that includes a necklace as well as a bracelet. All of their items are made in LA, if that matters to you. I personally had been thinking of picking up a Good Art curb chain bracelet for awhile but I decided to pull the trigger on this one as I find it more discreet and sleek. Should be here in a few weeks as most of their items are made to order. View attachment 1794933 View attachment 1794935

Very cool. Interested in seeing how this looks when you receive it.

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Few pieces of good art on sale at mr Porter for those interested, very possibly a mistake, I thought good art was never supposed to go on sale tbh

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Trit

Reaction score
jewelry.jpg

Alright, jewelry experiment is done. I already had that First Arrows piece on an Etsy watch strap that I love. It likes to catch on things but it just feels fun to wear casually. I couldn't find the right heart pendant to try so after some experimenting I got another Etsy guy to make it for me and paired it with an Etsy leather necklace that is great quality for $15. The pendant was a little plain so I winged it and used a Dremel to put a bevel on it and I like its roughed up look. I never wear the piece outside my shirt but it turns out I like the feel of a weighty piece of silver. All for like $200 CAD and made in Canada.

The ring I just picked up today. It's growing on me but I'm not 100% on it yet. I dig that the company, VEERT, is so into this one idea of green enamel on gold jewelry. Time will tell how much of a ring guy I am.

I've been into fashion for over a decade but this is the first time that I've had the resources and desire to experiment with fashion accoutrements. By which I guess I just mean cologne and jewelry. But it's fun.

malikadog

Reaction score
So after checking out some pieces owned by a friend, I’ve decided to take the plunge on a Good Art curb chain #3 + St Christopher pendant. I’m trying to decide between a 21” and 24” chain, and large vs small pendant. Since there’s no location nearby where I can try these on, I’m wondering if any of y’all who’ve handled (or owned) these pieces can provide some insight. Any advice would be much appreciated!

King Calder

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own a 21” #3 curb and literally haven’t taken it off. It’s a bit hefty, I’m glad it isn’t longer. I’d get a thinner necklace if I wanted a 23” style. I think the clasp is sufficient visual detail that I have never gotten a pendant - it almost always works it’s way to the bottom.

D23B95AA-0ED2-460E-BBEB-598892EDDA43.jpeg

most recent pic I have of me where you can see it.

122FE238-6EA1-4D5C-BBBC-F6084E6C8493.jpeg

Chain with a tank top.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So after checking out some pieces owned by a friend, I’ve decided to take the plunge on a Good Art curb chain #3 + St Christopher pendant. I’m trying to decide between a 21” and 24” chain, and large vs small pendant. Since there’s no location nearby where I can try these on, I’m wondering if any of y’all who’ve handled (or owned) these pieces can provide some insight. Any advice would be much appreciated!
I’ve handled all three sizes lengths. The shortest is like a traditional necklace, I think 21”. The 24” hangs lower, like a deeper v. The longest, 30”, hangs to about the navel, a look popular in about 2017, iirc. That’s all an average sized 16”-16.5” neck and a 5’11” tall, average sized guy.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics