• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The hot sauce thread

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lawyerdad
I'm currently going through a phase where I put Indian hot green chutney (green chile, coriander, or mint) on pretty much everything except breakfast cereal.

Why not breakfast cereal? Man up, dude.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Why not breakfast cereal? Man up, dude.

I have this irrational dislike of pasty green stuff in my milk.

bure

Reaction score
Tabasco got me liking hot sauce... I love something not OVERLY spicy.

How is the Rooster (Sriracha?)? Is it hotter than Tabasco? How does it differ?

SoleBajan

Reaction score
Bajan (rhymes with Cajun) pepper sauce is tops...anything West Indian/Indian for that matter. Tabasco is a joke!
laugh.gif

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bure
Tabasco got me liking hot sauce... I love something not OVERLY spicy. How is the Rooster (Sriracha?)? Is it hotter than Tabasco? How does it differ?
sriracha is more of a pepper puree. I think it is a tad hotter. It is thicker and much less acidic. It's great on eggrolls or dumpling, in pho, on eggs, mixed in with soy sauce/sake/rice vinegar for a fish marinade...stuff like that. It's not for wings or chili so much.

Go Surface

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I forgot sesame chili oil. I love that stuff.

Andrew V.

Reaction score
Lately I'm all about the smoked chipotle Tabasco. It's not very hot, especially in smaller amounts, just smoky and tangy. It's my secret ingredient in many dishes. Most recently I used it sparingly in a quinoa salad and liberally in a sausage risotto.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nobody has posted that photo of Saucemaster in a dress yet?
inlove.gif

pabloj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't forget Harissa, expecially great for your couscous

thetieguy

Reaction score
I am in the mood to try something really hot today. I will have to go to Dave's Sauce i guess. I am considering ordering off the net to get something hotter.

tangerine

Reaction score
I grew up in Lousiana with Tabasco and never really liked the taste; still don't. The jalapeno and chipotle ones taste good but are pretty mild. Their habanero one is good and hot, but there are better ones out there, IMO. Nowadays I mostly use Sriracha. I also use Tiger Sauce in some dishes, in addition to the Sriracha. Cholula is delicious but fairly mild; it's good on chips. For a good chipotle, I like Bufalo, which has the added advantage of being quite inexpensive. When I really want to feel some heat, my weapon of choice is El Yucateco Picante Verde de Chile Habanero, made with green habaneros and garlic. This stuff packs a punch and tastes good, too.
carolinasauce_1900_7061199.jpg

lost in va

Reaction score
Originally Posted by tangerine
When I really want to feel some heat, my weapon of choice is El Yucateco Picante Verde de Chile Habanero, made with green habaneros and garlic. This stuff packs a punch and tastes good, too.

carolinasauce_1900_7061199.jpg

I understand that my "heat" is different then most but that's really your go to for heat? I'm pretty sure that's standard issue for most of the mexican restaurants around my area.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads