• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

geeboo

Reaction score
I try not go into the details but the overall cut this time.
U look more like the man on the right than on the right side. Both have Big chest.
U have a slimmer wrist than the man on the left - U should look even better than him - given in the right cutting.

P.S I cannot open that software site - the link seems wrong ?

cut.jpg

Roen

Reaction score
I try not go into the details but the overall cut this time.
U look more like the man on the right than on the right side. Both have Big chest.
U have a slimmer wrist than the man on the left - U should look even better than him - given in the right cutting.

P.S I cannot open that software site - the link seems wrong ?

View attachment 866814
The man on the left, there is an X at the button as well?

geeboo

Reaction score
try NOT go to the details 1st, just ask yourself which one looks better, why ? that is the major thing you should look at - NOT the details
Left = tight chest = U
Left = closed quarter = U
Left = half break pants = U
Left = fit jkt skirt = U
Left = tight sleeves head = U
If U look at his naked photo in shirt, he has a huge belly, in order to create a "V" shape, a just fit waist is inevitable - the chest-waist differential is so small/ even -ve ?! [unlike your case], so a slight X is also inevitable - look at his WAIST. the suit has done a GREAT job, IMO.
That is called don't bound by the "rules".

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
try NOT go to the details 1st, just ask yourself which one looks better, why ? that is the major thing you should look at - NOT the details
Left = tight chest = U
Left = closed quarter = U
Left = half break pants = U
Left = fit jkt skirt = U
Left = tight sleeves head = U
If U look at his naked photo in shirt, he has a huge belly, in order to create a "V" shape, a just fit waist is inevitable - the chest-waist differential is so small/ even -ve ?! [unlike your case], so a slight X is also inevitable - look at his WAIST. the suit has done a GREAT job, IMO.
That is called don't bound by the "rules".

I wouldn't be seen dead in either!

Both plagued by simple yet obvious faults which any self-respecting tailor would have corrected.

Roen

Reaction score
Ascot suit and shirt arriving tomorrow.

Initial report:
Shirt fits nicely, best so far.
Suit, there's some excess fabric in the back under the collar. No noticeable shoulder divoting. Silhouette looks strange. I'll have to do the seated pants test when I get the pants back.

I'll post pictures after I get the suit back from the press.

Last edited:

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with "Hola Classic"? https://www.facebook.com/HOLAclassic/

I like their style, but the fact that they offer fused suits (with half/full-canvas at a higher price) turns me off a bit.

I've had not-so-great experiences at Lee Baron (great service and fit but the seams ripped after a few months) and another tailor recommended to be by a friend (the fit was extremely off).

I'm quite picky about fit and details but not as picky about the fabric.

Alternatively, does anyone have any other recommendations for tailors around HK$2000-$4000 for a two-piece wool suit (house fabric is fine) - would Dream Bespoke/Brown's Tailor fall within this range?

Thanks!

Last edited:

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with "Hola Classic"? https://www.facebook.com/HOLAclassic/

I like their style, but the fact that they offer fused suits (with half/full-canvas at a higher price) turns me off a bit.

I've had not-so-great experiences at Lee Baron (great service and fit but the seams ripped after a few months) and another tailor recommended to be by a friend (the fit was extremely off).

Alternatively, does anyone have any other recommendations for tailors around HK$2000-$4000 for a two-piece wool suit (house fabric is fine) - would Dream Bespoke/Brown's Tailor fall within this range?

Thanks!

Yet another pretty shop front with salesmen fronting the process.

seferphier

Reaction score

Thanks!
You are unlikely to buy a tailored suit at a tailor shop that is non-fused for HK$2000-4000. Dreams bespoke and browns tailor is out of your price range - they should be HK$6000 up. Personally, I wouldn't be picky about the details at this price range.

You might be able to try your luck with Baotou for that price range. But you are looking at around HK$4000 range (depending on the fabric). Check out the Baotou thread.

sadkfjaskfaj

Reaction score
You are unlikely to buy a tailored suit at a tailor shop that is non-fused for HK$2000-4000. Dreams bespoke and browns tailor is out of your price range - they should be HK$6000 up. Personally, I wouldn't be picky about the details at this price range.

You might be able to try your luck with Baotou for that price range. But you are looking at around HK$4000 range (depending on the fabric). Check out the Baotou thread.

Will check out baotou, ty.

FWIW Lee Baron's house fabric half-canvas is 3500 - since they appear to be quite popular with Styleforum and may have increased their prices accordingly I was wondering if they were less popular hidden gems you guys knew about

I'm more than happy with half-canvas

seferphier

Reaction score
Will check out baotou, ty.

FWIW Lee Baron's house fabric half-canvas is 3500 - since they appear to be quite popular with Styleforum and may have increased their prices accordingly I was wondering if they were less popular hidden gems you guys knew about

I'm more than happy with half-canvas

You should bring back your piece and ask them to fix the seems. Although half-canvas is not necessary fused, it is highly likely half-canvas also means fused. That's okay as long as you are fine with it. It is likely that Lee Baron will charge different prices for full canvas and half canvas too - not sure if that would "turn you off". I personally think it is fair for a tailor to charge higher for full canvas than half canvas since the cost is higher.

At your price range, you should be looking for good fit and style. The craftsmanship for a suit at 2-4k price range should be the same among tailoring houses (fused suits, no details). Lee Baron has a good reputation. If it worked for you in the past, you should stick with them.

Roen

Reaction score
ASCOT CHANG SUIT

This suit is from Ascot Chang, IFC Mall location. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was 4 days later, with a full basted jacket (instead of half sleeves like at other places). Suit was received 5 weeks after order through the post.

Had the suit pressed, so any suit wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Shirt was laundered at home and dried in the machine, but no ironing was done. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth and sixth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:
2hzscoy.jpg
i258aa.jpg
2li8xea.jpg
16a38k2.jpg

Trouser while seated pics:
orl450.jpg
avshv8.jpg

Suit pics:
2e22g4m.jpg
2qi4wpd.jpg
zsu04l.jpg
s2uw5w.jpg

Fit feedback welcome! Please tear into every little detail if you will.

MrBergschrund

Reaction score
ASCOT CHANG SUIT

This suit is from Ascot Chang, IFC Mall location. Both suit and shirt were commissioned and paid for. Measured by the salesman in the morning, first basted fitting was 4 days later, with a full basted jacket (instead of half sleeves like at other places). Suit was received 5 weeks after order through the post.

Had the suit pressed, so any suit wrinkling should be solely due to fit. Shirt was laundered at home and dried in the machine, but no ironing was done. Pictures are overexposed to show as much detail as possible. The first four pictures are with the shirt and trousers alone, the fifth and sixth picture shows the tightness of the trousers around the thighs, and the last four are the full suit buttoned up.

Shirt pics:
2hzscoy.jpg
i258aa.jpg
2li8xea.jpg
16a38k2.jpg

Trouser while seated pics:
orl450.jpg
avshv8.jpg

Suit pics:
2e22g4m.jpg
2qi4wpd.jpg
zsu04l.jpg
s2uw5w.jpg

Fit feedback welcome! Please tear into every little detail if you will.

I think at this stage dont need us to tell you about the back, back of the neck, and the thigh issues. But I am so confused... because if you've done the shirt and suit at AC, how come the sleeves for the suit and shirt are all messed up? Did you hot wash on high spin for the shirt laundry? And have you made the other 2 shirts from AC?

btw... to bring out the true fit of the shirt, you need 2 washes, and please iron. =)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads