Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Hong Kong Tailors Thread

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Silk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Eucris

Eucris Well-Known Member

Good news so far. Once you've got your refund, you can start all over the right way.

2. geeboo

geeboo Active Member

I was just wondering what make the tailor to refund the $ as there is a Chinese saying like money goes to the crook is like light falls into a black-hole, it never comes back.
    If everyone can get a refund from a tailor or other artisans of any trade for a "unfit/ unsatisfactory" reason - they will be in a deep deep trouble.
    Is this forum so powerful ?

3. mrFurly

mrFurly Well-Known Member

Glad I saw this thread.
    I should be in HK a bit in February.

My girl always buys a new purse on vacation...so I might as well have some fun.

4. Roen

Roen Active Member

I would think service and reputation.

5. geeboo

geeboo Active Member

reputation yes.
    a further implication from my previous thread is : U may not be the only one whom got a suit like that. and that U alone cannot create enough noise for them to fear a drop in business or reputation - this bad exp. should get some advertisment of some sort to amplify the noise to let more people know. More people will know, more likely their business will be affected => that leads to my last Q

6. bamboo

bamboo Senior member

Hi. A word of caution. Feb 16 2018 is Chinese New Year. 16-19 are official holiday. Most workshop closes for a week or so. Before CNY, they are busy to deliver the order within the year. Better communicate with your tailor in mind what arrangement can be done.