• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

fatcows7

Reaction score
I had the below suit made (bespoke) by Dynasty Tailors in CWB back in 2018 (when I was slightly skinnier) https://www.facebook.com/DYNASTYTailorShop/

If I recall correctly, I paid around ~HKD5000 for this. I felt that this suit was pretty decent for the suit.

Trousers are now a bit tight (got fat / more muscle).

Process wise - I had three fittings. 1st one was with the unconstructed suit (with 1 arm missing), 2nd and 3rd were for final alterations. Process felt very bespoke.

Does anyone have some feedback on what they can do better for the next one? I'm thinking of getting a few more but wanted to see if there were any red flags.

Let me also know if you have any questions you wanted to ask me!

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC_0751~2.JPG
    DSC_0751~2.JPG
    67.5 KB · Views: 2,224
  • DSCPDC_0001_BURST20180516151250860_COVER.png
    DSCPDC_0001_BURST20180516151250860_COVER.png
    749.7 KB · Views: 2,274

haloitsme

Reaction score
Any recommendation on suits / shirts ?
I will be staying in HK 5 days? I like TF Style, and Shirts more longer color.
At what price point is HK? Similar to Italy? It was mentioned Jantzen Tailor good for shirts?
Thank you :)

dench127

Reaction score
Signed up to see WW Chan on their coming US trip. Anyone know the current trunk show prices for a 2 piece suit/sportcoat?

Nero1626

Reaction score
Can someone let me know if any bespoke tailors do trunk show in HK? The only information I can gather is from the Armoury’s website.

kolecho

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can someone let me know if any bespoke tailors do trunk show in HK? The only information I can gather is from the Armoury’s website.
I bring Sartoria Paone which is run by Rubinacci's former head cutter Gennaro Paone. We have trunk shows three times per year in Hong Kong. Next one is in March 2024.

constantreader

Reaction score
I brought over a Drake's Easyday Linen Suit that was passed down to me over to HK in hopes that I would get a better quote on alteration prices. To be clear, I only want the sleeves shortened a little and to replace a broken buckle. Does anyone know any good alteration services/tailors that can do that in Hong Kong?

HongKongGent

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Empire Tailors recently? Considering giving them a go, quoted around HKD9,000 for full canvas 2 piece. Would welcome anyone opinions on the quality of their work. Nothing posted here for a while - first post I seen looked awful, second one looked really good work.

ps - I can go to about HKD10k per suit if anyone has any recommendations, I have a little flexibility on price too.

Last edited:

almerickso

Reaction score
Has anyone tried Empire Tailors recently? Considering giving them a go, quoted around HKD9,000 for full canvas 2 piece. Would welcome anyone opinions on the quality of their work. Nothing posted here for a while - first post I seen looked awful, second one looked really good work.

ps - I can go to about HKD10k per suit if anyone has any recommendations, I have a little flexibility on price too.
Tai Pan Row make fully canvassed suits at this range. i just want to commission one there today.

HongKongGent

Reaction score
Tai Pan Row make fully canvassed suits at this range. i just want to commission one there today.
Thanks. I ended up going with a chap called Ornald Wilson who several friends recommended. The suit is in process now, have a second fitting this week and suit should be ready in the coming couple of weeks. Let us know how you get on with TPR, that place is within 5 minutes of me.

almerickso

Reaction score
Thanks. I ended up going with a chap called Ornald Wilson who several friends recommended. The suit is in process now, have a second fitting this week and suit should be ready in the coming couple of weeks. Let us know how you get on with TPR, that place is within 5 minutes of me.
Cool. What price range are they at? Do share your fittings/result.
It's my first time making anything in HK happy to share the process with TPR.

How are you faring with shirts? I find shirt prices at TPR quite pricey for Thomas Mason fabric. Mostly 2000-2500 per shirt.

HongKongGent

Reaction score
Cool. What price range are they at? Do share your fittings/result.
It's my first time making anything in HK happy to share the process with TPR.

How are you faring with shirts? I find shirt prices at TPR quite pricey for Thomas Mason fabric. Mostly 2000-2500 per shirt.
They can do "basic" options at $5kish but I can't imagine they would be great. I'm around the middle of their range of fabrics etc. at $9,000. Their shirts are considerably cheaper at $400-$500. I have ordered a shirt with absolutely zero expectations just to see how it is.. it was cheap enough that I don't mind buying one just on the off chance they are good and then I would order more. I have always had problems getting good quality shirts from tailors. I have had more success buying shirts from reputable brands and having them altered.

simon_bobby

Reaction score
Hi guys, Reupping this legendary thread after reading diligently...

I have a work trip to HK coming up in late April, and would like to explore the HK bespoke options. The target is to make two suits, a sports jacket, and some shirts. Hopefully I can find someone I like and order from them to ship to the US in the future.

Budget: 8-9K HKD per suit, 4-6K HKD jacket, and for shirt I am not sure about the price distribution, but I'd say roughly 800-1K HKD per shirt (mixing good and low-cost ones)? I am happy to commission more than one shop and explore different styles.

About myself and my wardrobe: late 30s, my go-to suit maker has been Samuelsohn (80%+ of my suits)--mostly RTW + good tailoring with a couple MTM, and I have a pretty standard body shape so they fit similarly on me. Shirts are a combination of Brooks Brothers and a few Eton.

I would love to get your advice on where I should go. I read a ton of past threads, and came up with a list. Would like to hear if you have recent experience or updated information about them. Would also love to get new suggestions!

Suit: Dream Bespoke, Brown's Tailor, Tai Pan Row, maybe Empire (WW Chan, Yao, and The Anthology etc. seem to be all above my budget).

Shirt: I am struggling to come up with a promising list here. Ascot Chang (might be above my budget... but I may get a couple of really good ones?), Graly (still in business? can find only very limited online presence), Jantzen (really mixed reviews here... is it better than my BB?), any other options?

Finally, logistical issue--should I try to make an appointment? by phone or email? Can they accommodate my limited time frame in HK (slightly over a week)?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads