• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Hong Kong BaoTou Tailors and Fabric Shops for CMT Thread

Shangara

Reaction score
I would prefer it a bit longer, but the tailor says it's ok. Will know if his style works one week later.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@Shangara

It is basic waistcoat style, it looks fine. I assume there is one back adjuster. Try it on with a complete suit to see the proportion.

Last edited:

Shangara

Reaction score
Sure, there will be a back adjuster (and two front pockets). The tailor says it will there at a later stage.

Originally, I wished the waistcoat to form part of the 3-pcs suit. Now I think it also looks quite ok with the grey suit trousers.

hippotamus

Reaction score
Waistcoat doesnt look fancy but good fit, just personally taste I would leave the adjuster as it looks a good fit on the back already.

Your trouser looks nice btw!

Shangara

Reaction score
IMG_3845a.jpg
IMG_3849.JPG

Shangara

Reaction score
IMG_3854.JPG
As advised by tailor, need to buy 28" cloth for one waistcoat. First time bought a piece of cloth (grey) from cloth merchant today. It measures 64" x 28". I think it's huge for one waistcoat.

IMG_3854.JPG

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
37# : I think this is the correct length, and I can see the lining details.
If you think the shoulder needs some adjustments, ask your BaoTou to do the alternation.

Last edited:

Shangara

Reaction score
Cost HK$100 (US$12.8) per collar replacement by Mirador tailor.

Cost HK$50 per collar replacement in Sun May Shirt (Wanchai), but only half as good.

PekingRoadHK

Reaction score
@Shangara: the new cotton fabric matches with the shirt cotton of 20 years ago?

I havn't thought of shirt makers for collar replacement.

Shangara

Reaction score
The fabrics just look similar enough to me. I think the replacement quality is quite ok. In fact, I do not require them to be exactly the same.

I just let the same waistcoat Mirador tailor take care of the above collar replacement for me. He told me that he let other sifu do the collar replacement work and I think I do not need to know who actually that sifu is. Maybe I can ask next time.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads